Selection

"Well, I guess Launch has a symbiote now. This day is certainly off to a good start." Krillin said sarcastically as he turned to Venom. "Are you two okay?"

"Yeah, never been better Hobbit." Venom said as he picked himself up from the hole he was in.

"For some reason I think you actually liked that blow to the head." Oolong shrugged.

"Hey, what about me?" Yamcha said as he walked over from the crash site, his head covered in blueberry pie. "No one asked if I was okay."

"You get hit by a symbiote nearly every hour, you'll be fine." Oolong said. "Besides, it's not every day Venom gets his butt kicked by a stronger person."

"Launch is stronger....right?" Puar asked.

"She sure is." Venom said rubbing his jaw. "The child is usually stronger than the parent, but tends to lack self-control until they get a little older. We are surprised Launch lasted this long."

"Which makes us want to fight her even more! This is so exciting! Our child is already stronger than us." Goku said with much joy.

"Sorry Goku, but the whole reproduction thing falls mostly on us for the time being." Venom said.

"Wait a minute, I thought you couldn't remember anything after that time Goku bumped his head when you were a baby and Grandpa Gohan was taking care of you. How can you remember that though?" Krillin asked.

"Can you remember how to reproduce after you lost your memories?" Venom asked.

"Fair point." Krillin answered.

"Come up off the floor Launch, it's time to get into the tournament." Venom said offering his huge hand to help the blonde up off her knees.

"Yeah, okay." Launch said taking the symbiote's hand. "Wait a minute, what ever happened to calling us 'Monster' or 'Clueless' Launch?"

"It's because your bonded to a symbiote now." Goku said as Venom reverted back into the monkey child's body. "Your one of us now."

"Or its because our darling loves us even more." Pistole said for only Launch to hear.

"Maybe that is part of it, but I think it has mostly to do with what Goku said." Launch said. "We are in the same boat as Venom and Goku now."

"Hey Bulma, did you notice something about Venom's demeanor?" Oolong asked. "Because it almost sounds like-"

"-He's behaving almost like a human parent." Bulma said, looking as if she was remembering a lost dream.

"Do you think it is because Venom's adaptability?" Oolong asked.

"I am not sure." Bulma said shaking her head in disbelief.

"Hey Bulma! We are going in." Yamcha yelled back as he was following Goku, Launch, Jackie Chun, and Krillin inside. "See you guys when we are in the ring."

"Go get them Yamcha!" Puar shouted. "You can do it!"

"Good luck out there!" Bulma shouted as she waved the group of fighters goodbye.

"Knock him dead Venom!" Oolong shouted as Puar gave him a nasty look.

"What? Between Venom and a new symbiote that seemingly strong than him, do you really think Yamcha stands a chance?" Oolong stated. Both Puar and Bulma didn't argue back since they knew that Oolong was telling a little more than a sliver of truth.

Meanwhile inside the tournament grounds...

"So Launch, are you going to tell us how you were able to play host to another symbiote?" Krillin asked.