• Undercover Love (pt.1)

*A/N Hey guys! So yes this is yet another new imagine series, but don't worry I will definitely finish the others and hopefully be posting more often! I've decided less words but more chapters is the way to go, like when I first started these imagines (almost a year ago, and here I am 67 chapters in, and 32k reads later! I am truly blessed to have such supportive, patient readers. Thank you all!)

So this new series came about as a melding of ideas. A one-shot I'd been working on and a request made by the wonderful VeloySR595 I really wanted to write more Joker, as most of my imagines are just about Arthur. So....

Imagine; you're a cop working undercover who then ends up working for Joker, and when he takes more than just a casual interest in you your life becomes even more complicated. Please stick with it in order to find out how the readers story unfolds.

Lastly, a huge plug for i art sometimes, who's responsible for the exquisitely detailed Joker artwork I've been using in the last few posts. Go check them out on Tumbler*

>>------------------------------------------------------>>

"I appreciate that you're currently experiencing some discomfort, officer (l/n), so I'll try to keep this as brief as possible." The white-coated physician stated in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

Was she a shrink? You couldn't rightly tell, and in all honesty, didn't have the energy to care.

There are no discernible traces of empathy or sympathy. This doctor is clearly lacking in the most fundamental basics required of her profession. She's so cold. It's as if she doesn't care at all. Perhaps it was paranoia, but you couldn't help wondering if this was how she treated all of her patients, or was she making an exception for you. If so, it was hardly professional of her to be so judgemental.

"Undercover operations are immensely stressful." She remarks, as she flips through the notes in your medical file. "Has it been difficult for you? The isolation, being separated from friends and family?"

"Yes." You answer, almost robotically.

"You're in a relationship is that correct? With Doctor Stephen Kellerman, a psychiatrist at Arkham State hospital."

You manage a nod, even though your chest tightens ever so slightly at the mention of Stephen.

Great. He was going to have to endure malicious gossip within his place of work.
How such classified information got to be common knowledge amongst the staff within hospitals you had no idea. The rumour mill was no better within the GCPD though. This would be all over the 75th precinct by now.

"And how did Stephen respond to the news when you told him you'd be involved with this undercover operation?"

"He was worried I guess." You shrugged using your good shoulder, "The assignment was to infiltrate one of Gotham's most notorious night spots. It's renown for underground criminal activity. So yeah, he was concerned for my safety. But he knew I could handle it."

The physician looks up at you, arching a thinly-plucked eyebrow. "Would you say that you did handle it?"

Anger begins to swirl in the pit of your stomach. You should have known this would be coming sooner or later.