• Inmates (Pt.2)

--3rd person POV--

(y/n) started to lose track of the days in Arkham.

She went trough the motions. Getting up, showering (thankfully being the only woman on this unit she got the shower room all to herself after the men had done) going to the canteen and having them serve whatever tasteless slop they were cooking that day. She'd spend time in the communal room, but kept herself to herself.

Well, none of the other inmates bothered her. That is, they didn't touch her or speak to her, thanks to the Joker, but they still talked about her. And having to listen to their lewd conversations made her blood boil.

"That's Arthur's girl." They would whisper whenever she entered a room.

"No shit? Sly dog didn't waste any time did he."

"How's he manage to snag himself such a fine bitch?"

"This is Joker we're talking about. She probably wet her panties over him first."

"I heard he fucked her in the storage closet."

"Get real, man. He already fucked her everywhere. The guards let him 'cause they get to watch."

The rumours shouldn't have bothered her, but seeing as they were about her and him...it bothered her a lot.

Then one day after what felt like several millennia, he was released from isolation.

(y/n) was sitting in the communal room when he casually sauntered in, and was greeted by numerous inmates who gave him a rowdy welcome, demanding high fives off the man as if he were a celebrity.

Well he pretty much was a celebrity.

To (y/n)'s consternation, he momentarily locked eyes with her then immediately glanced away. Focusing his attention on the small group of men who wanted him to play cards.

She couldn't figure out why, but for some reason his dismissal irked her.

He'd been locked up in isolation for -- god knows how long -- as a result of warning a couple of scumbags off her, yet here he was not even acknowledging her existence.

She couldn't understand why it pissed her off so much and she didn't want to understand. Perhaps she was catching crazy from the rest of them.

From across the room (y/n) watched him, taking in the way he smiled and laughed as he interacted with the others. The select few whom he seemed to favour.

He had a myriad of different smiles and numerous laughs. She actually found it quite fascinating, and was so absorbed in studying him that she was caught mid-stare when he sensed someone was watching him.

She quickly looked away, feeling embarrassed by him having caught her staring.

It had caught his attention enough to warrant him slowly wandering over to her, as he puffed on a cigarette as usual.

"Hey princess." His low, honeyed voice did the oddest things to her stomach. "Have you missed me?"

"Yes but my aim is improving." She retorted, which earned his approval courtesy of a maniacal laugh.

"You're funny. I like that." Pulling a chair out he sat down next to her. "How you liking your stay so far?"

"Oh it's great." She said sarcastically. "The company's charming and the food is delightful."