• Once Upon A Time In Gotham (Pt.6)

--1st person POV--

When Arthur awoke the following morning he was temporarily thrown into confusion. Waking up naked and in a room that wasn't his own, threw him off balance at first, but not as much as it did when he realised he wasn't alone.

Ever so carefully he turned over, and the sight of you, also naked, and curled up behind him lovingly, was enough to steal his breath away.

So, it had been real. The whole thing.

He bit his lip hard and swallowed the bubble of laughter that was eager to escape his mouth, not wanting to disturb you.
But it was a real laugh that he was suppressing. One of pure, genuine joy. Knowing that everything was real and had actually happened made his heart feel full to the point of bursting.

He'd made love to you. Twice.
And you'd kissed him, held him and told him you loved him. At least three times.
You were actually his, and he was the happiest man alive.

Propping himself up on his elbow he smiled to himself as he watched you sleep. He wondered if you were dreaming. You looked so peaceful, so serene, and so beautiful with your bed tousled hair. He wanted to see you like this every morning. At rest, and naturally stunning without makeup or fancy clothes.

It was then that you stirred, your eyes blinking open sleepily, awakening to Arthur's handsome face gazing down at you adoringly.
And your heart melted all over again.

"Hey you." He smiled shyly, blushing a little as he recalled everything he'd done to you the night before. It was the stuff fantasies were made of, except it had been even better than anything he'd ever imagined.

You returned his smile, bringing a hand up to gently stroke the side of his face, tracing the sharp curve of his cheekbone. "Hey yourself."

He leaned into your tender caress, his eyes drifting shut. The simple action made your heart quicken, reminding you why you'd fallen for this adorable man in the first place.
He was so gentle. So loving. So genuine. And so deserving. A man so worthy of all the affection and love you had to offer. He appreciated you like no one else ever had. He loved you like no one else ever could.

"Are you okay?" He asked, placing his hand on yours. "I mean, you don't regret anything do you? You haven't...you h-haven't changed your mind?"

Your eyebrows knitted in surprise. "What? No of course I haven't. Why would I?"

Arthur did allow himself to laugh then, his face splitting into a wide grin. "That's good. I just had to be sure, that's all."

"You're so funny, Arthur." Straining upwards you kissed his smiling lips.

Just then a sudden knock at the door startled you both, bringing you back down to earth with a jolting thud.

"Shit. What time is it? Have I overslept?"

You'd seriously forgotten all about work. Which is something you'd never done before, and Arthur's ability to make you do that was astonishing. It had been a blissful night, one that you'd never forget, yet now you had to face another day of thankless, emotionally draining work, on a movie set that you'd come to despise.

Spotting your discarded robe in a heap on the floor you hurriedly reached down and retrieved it. Throwing it on as you rose from the bed, Arthur watched you, still in awe. Your exquisite body. The way you moved elegantly across the room. Even in a hurry you still looked so poised.

Cracking open the door your heart sank when you were greeted by Trent's condescending face. His habit of looking down his nose so haughtily really irritated you.