• Give The Guy A Drink

: ONE-SHOT : You work the bar at Pogo's comedy club and feel bad for Arthur so you invite him back to your place and end up seducing him

Warning ⚠️ Smut scene ahead...

-- 1st person POV --

As you weave through the lines of tables you cringe inwardly.

The place is short staffed tonight and you've hardly had a break. You've been too busy to take five because the place is packed and there's lots of plates and glasses to collect.

You wouldn't usually mind that so much, but being out here on the floor means you can hear the groans and disapproving voices, as customers complain about the guy who is currently up on stage.

You've only been working at Pogo's for a couple of months but you'd seen the guy plenty of times. He was a regular and a bit of an infamous character. Your coworkers grumbled every time they saw him, knowing it was going to be an awkward shift. Awkward because of his odd behaviour. His bizarre laugh that was loud and always came late, never at the punchline of a joke. It irritated other customers and you couldn't help feeling bad for the guy.

That's why tonight when he'd appeared up on the stage your heart had sunk a little. An ominous feeling crept over you, as if sensing his routine might be an awkward performance.

But Jesus, that was an understatement.

This wasn't just awkward. It wasn't just bad. It was a disaster.

The horrible comments fill your ears and you do your best to ignore them, even when a few of the customers ask you outright why the guy was being permitted to continue.

"This isn't comedy. It's a joke, and not a funny one."

"I didn't pay to have to sit here and listen to this freak!"

"Get him off the stage. This is bullshit."

Painful to hear is what it was.

You'd heard the guy laugh before but never like this. It was like he was having a full-on breakdown, laughing hysterically, wrapping his arms around himself and burying his face as he tried to muffle the strained, maniacal laughter.

You saw him gagging, almost choking as the laughs wracked his chest and he struggled to regain his composure.

It was god awful and heart wrenching to watch. Not that your coworkers had any sympathy. Their snide remarks were even worse than the audience members.

"Thank god for that!" Carrie, a fellow bartender, exclaimed. "I never thought it'd be over."

You took the plates into the back and then resumed your place behind the bar, drying off glasses.

"It was....uncomfortable.." You agreed, then admitted honestly. "I feel sorry for the poor guy. He must be mortified."

"I doubt it. He's a total weirdo."

"No he's not, he's just a little strange that's all. For all you know there might be something wrong with him."

Unmoved, Carrie rolled her eyes. "Yeah no shit. I mean, I know I told you you needed to get laid to get over Steve...but I didn't figure you'd be that desperate!"

"Very funny." You huff, wiping down the tacky, beer-stained bar. "Just because I feel sorry for the guy doesn't mean I wanna sleep with him."

Carrie snorts, amused by her own joke. "Hey I'm not judging. If you wanna give him a pity-fuck then I'm sure that will cheer him up. But I won't be surprised when you're never seen again and your body is found in a dumpster."