• Crazy For You (pt.1)

Imagine: During Arthur's first stay in hospital he meets a young lady who goes by the alias Harleen Quinzel. There's an instant attraction, but circumstances keep them apart. However once he becomes Joker she seeks him out, not realising that his influence will tip her completely over the edge. This was requested by heysoftie. Hope you guys enjoy!

--3rd person POV--

"Right, before we get started perhaps we all ought to introduce ourselves...I'm Dana." The bubbly woman with flaming auburn hair stood in the centre of the recreational hall, her gaze sweeping over the group of misfits gathered before her with judgmental interest. "How about we start from left to right, hm?"

At the back of the room, Arthur squirmed with discomfort, wishing he could somehow camouflage himself like a chameleon. He may be wearing the hospital-issued white tunic and pants, but unfortunately that wouldn't be enough to blend in with the grimy off-white walls.

He was a terrible public speaker. His nerves always got the better of him, and then he would wind up laughing. Laughing until his throat felt raw and his rib cage ached. Laughing like a maniac. And despite currently being in a room filled with fellow maniacs, the prospect was still daunting and enough to make him break out in a cold sweat.

His attention snapped-back to his surroundings, as the woman he'd been unable to take his eyes off since the moment he'd walked in, stood to introduce herself.
She was the only one here he had any remote interest in. He wanted to be able to put a name to that beautiful face.

"Harleen Quinzel, nice to meet ya!" She proclaimed with a flourish, and a little accompanying curtsy.

Arthur felt his mouth curve upwards into a smile. The first genuine smile he'd cracked in god only knew how long.

She was so beautiful it took his breath away. With her (h/c) hair and a smile that made his heart stutter in a most peculiar fashion, he'd never been in the presence of such exquisite beauty before.

Dana's eyes dropped to the register pinned to her clipboard, scanning the list of names. "Harleen....hm. You don't appear to be on my list-- ah, wait."

Harleen waited patiently, chewing gum which she blew into an unfeasibly large pink bubble. The ensuing pop seemed excessively loud, echoing through the empty chasm of the hall.

"You must be (y/n)." Dana stated, shooting her a disapproving look but the fake smile never faltered. "I'm afraid in order to complete the program I'm going to have to insist you use your real name."

Arthur turned to look back at Harleen, or rather, (y/n). His curiosity more than just a little piqued.

"What a drag." (y/n) drawled, with an exaggerated roll of the eyes. "It's only a name. What's wrong with picking whatever name you want? It's like you, are you telling me you're happy with the name Dana?"

The redhead visibly bristled, the smile now rapidly diminishing without a trace. "Actually I am, yes."

"Really?" (y/n) openly pulled a comical face, doing nothing to hide her disbelief. "You sure you wouldn't prefer something like...uh, I don't know..Jolene?" She grinned as if amused at the thought. "I like Jolene. It suits you."