• How Much To Just Talk (Pt.2)

-- 3rd person POV --

"I'm from out of town." She said, wrapping her arms around herself comfortingly. "I thought Gotham would be like this amazing, exciting, vibrant place full of great opportunities."

Joker grimaced. "That must've been quite a disappointment, huh? As a lifelong Gotham resident I apologise for how shitty this city is." He was only half-joking but she laughed, which pleased him.

She sure looked like she could use a good laugh.

"Anyways I was hoping to make a name for myself in show business. Acting, dancing, singing maybe, and I was convinced I'd finally get my big break here." She sighed, shoulders slumping forward. "Pretty stupid, huh?"

To her surprise Joker shook his head vigorously. "No actually, it isn't stupid. You shouldn't give up on your dreams. That's how I got to be who I am."

She frowned, not bothering to hide her confusion. "Who's that?"

"What?"

"Who are you? Sorry, I've no idea."

Joker's brows shot up. "Really? You mean you've never heard of the Joker?"

She bit her lip, looking thoughtful. "Um, no. I really haven't."

"Ouch! You're definitely from out of town."

She gave another laugh, then her (y/e/c) eyes grew bright with excitement. "So are you famous here?"

"Oh yeah." He fished around in his jacket pocket for his pack of cigarettes.

"Seriously? Are you on TV?"

"Sometimes." He smirked, as he lit his cigarette. "Mostly the News and America's Most Wanted."

Her eyes grew wide and he saw recognition dawn as she remembered him saying earlier that he was running from the cops.

"Shit. You really are a criminal aren't you?" She gasped.

"I'm still a famous criminal." He pointed out fairly as he offered her a cigarette.

She hesitated briefly then took one, deciding she was stressed enough to have a smoke right now. She held her hand out for the lighter but he leaned forward and lit it himself like a real gentleman.

"So, (y/n) I digress...you're supposed to be telling me your story."

"Actually the deal was that you'd tell me yours too." She reminded him.

He made a dismissive hand gesture. "Yeah we'll get to that but I want to hear the rest of yours first."

"Well maybe I wanna hear more of yours first!"

Joker's lips quirked in a bemused smile, which made him look strangely handsome she thought, despite the face paint.

"Listen sweetheart, I asked first." He folded his arms, cigarette dangling loosely from his lips. "I can do this all night."

"Yeah but you've got to pay for it."

He didn't flinch at the prospect, just grinned wickedly. "Money isn't an issue. So come on, I'm waiting. If you're waiting for me to give in don't bother. I'll still win in the end."