• Once Upon A Time In Gotham (Pt.3)

--1st person POV--

The filming of the movie went on, the days turned to weeks, and if it hadn't been for Arthur you were pretty sure the time would've dragged unbearably.

But thanks to his company and kindness time seemed to fly by.

Having tea at his place had become a tradition, and he was always willing to offer a sympathetic ear when you'd had a particularly gruelling day and needed to vent your frustrations, and you'd happily listen to him bemoan his troubles in return.

One thing you most definitely had in common was shitty coworkers, and even though neither of you had met the others work colleagues, you were still both able to relate.

By the third week into filming you already considered Arthur a friend, which surprised not only your fellow actors but also you yourself.
Ordinarily you found it extremely difficult to trust, due to having been taken advantage of in the past.
Yet with Arthur, trusting him came completely naturally. You didn't feel as if you had anything to fear. He wasn't the type of person to go selling his story to the press, disclosing your secrets.

As for the other actors, once they invited you to hang out with them for drinks at the hotel and you politely declined, they took it as a personal offence.
They questioned what you were doing with your time, to which you'd reply with,
"Visiting a friend."

"Who do you know in Gotham?" Trent sneered. "What, you've made a new friend already? That's not like you."

Pfft. As if he knew you well enough to comment.

Once you'd turned his invitation down, from then on you were snubbed off set, but it didn't really bother you. Even though you knew they'd be gossiping and bitching behind your back, you still wouldn't trade Arthur's company for theirs.
He was real, genuine, and kind. All of which were very desirable attributes.
Attributes you'd sorely missed since your career had taken off.

You hadn't had a real, honest, dependable friend or lover since moving to LA, and now that you'd been blessed with Arthur entering your life it made all the rest seem even more shallow and fickle than before, and more than once you found yourself wondering how you'd ever managed without him in your life.

You'd already realised that you'd very much want to stay in touch with him once shooting had wrapped, but by the fourth week the thought of having to go back home and say goodbye to him made you unfathomably sad.

How could you have grown so attached in such a short space of time?
You had absolutely no idea, but you decided not to start overanalysing it and just make the most of your time with him instead...

"Are you working tomorrow, Art?" You asked one evening, as you sat together on the couch watching TV.

Arthur exhaled a plume of smoke from his cigarette. "Yeah I'm at the children's hospital. Why?"

"Oh, it doesn't matter."

"No please, tell me."

You made a flippant gesture with your hand. "It's my day off, and I thought I'd actually give work a break for a change."

Arthur sat back, surprised. Of course you'd had days off before, but usually you spent them learning new lines due to the script constantly being altered.

"Did you have something in mind?" He asked, eyes bright with anticipation.

You shrugged a shoulder. "Nothing in particular. I was just going to ask if you'd mind showing me around Gotham and maybe have dinner. I haven't had chance to take-in the sights yet and--"