After everyone else had already left, Helena and Izzie walk around the kitchen, the shorter girl set on making some tradicional Portuguese sweets for the others to try.

"I'm so happy that we're all having dinner together, honestly, even if I've never really celebrated thanksgiving. " The shorter girl smiled at her friend. "Georgie is kind of freaking out about meeting my mom and brother though." She giggled, stirring the sweet that was on the stove.

"He'll be fine. I just hope everyone gets back in time for dinner..." The blond woman sighed.

"Ok, you're the baker so try this." The foreign girl handed her friend a spoon with a bit of the leite creme she had just poured into it's platter.

The taller woman took it to her lips and made a surprised face. "Oh, this is so good. You're gonna have to teach me the recipe."

"See, I told you, as good as your cakes are, nothing beats the traditional Portuguese sweets. Just wait until my mom brings the pudim abade de priscos she promised."

Just then, the bell rang and the girls moved to answer the door. "It's ten thirty! You're late." The blond complained.

As they noticed the man standing next to Cristina, Helena greets him. "Oh, hi, Dr. Burke."

"Hello." Izzie added, getting out of the way and allowing the couple to come in.

At the intern's questioning look, Cristina whispered between her teeth. "What was I supposed to do, blow off my boyfriend for thanksgiving? I tried to, he wouldn't blow." The younger girl giggled and the curly haired woman tuner to her. "I'm serious, Baby Genius, he's like something sticky that won't blow off..."

"Ok, he's gonna ruin thanksgiving." The blond complained.

"Oh, don't be unpleasant. He's Cristina's boyfriend, we'll make it work." The short girl whispered, bouncing slightly on her heels, with her apron still on.

"What am I supposed to talk to Dr. Burke about?" The tallest intern complained.

"People who are shocked when I show up uninvited to their homes call me Preston." They heard the man's voice behind them, Izzie giggling awkwardly and Lena's eyes widening."

"Nobody calls you Preston." Cristina crunched up her nose.

"You don't call me Preston." The man corrected. "Nice house."

As he walked away, Cristina looked around as Izzie picked up her phone. "Izzie, Baby Einstein, why is it so quiet in here?"

"Meredith sneaked out to the hospital and Georgie's family kidnapped him." She explained, rolling her eyes slightly.

"So it's just us and Preston?" The Asian woman mouthed, slightly panicked, as the blond's phone rang.

"Yeah, you don't call him Preston." The Portuguese woman shook her head, as Izzie started talking on the phone.

"Hey, Alex, it's me, where are you? Call me back." She sighed into the phone as Helena scrunched up her nose, sniffing the air around her.

"Iz, is your food burning?" She asked, running to the kitchen, Izzie following her shortly behind.

——

As they noticed the state of the food, Burke pointed out. "You've never made a thanksgiving dinner before."

"You can't cook? Izzie!" Cristina complained, furrowing her brows. "Baby Genius should have cooked, her soup's the best..."

"I only cook soup though! I've never done thanksgiving, there's a reason I didn't volunteer..."