Episode 64: Third Time's the Charm?

Lei formed a disk of wind in front of him, preparing to deflect the giant stone that Iah had formed

Iah grinned as root-like appendages erupted from the surface of his boulder. Lei gasped as they swerved around his shield. Luckily for him, he was a lot faster than they were. He managed to fly up to avoid them. Pillars of stone shot up from where the noodles of stone had come to a standstill. They reached for Lei like the prongs of a giant claw crane.

Lei unleashed a burst of wind as soon as he realized that Iah was putting him in a bind. Fragments of stone rained down. He looked at them in awe, surprised that they didn't turn into dust like the rest of Iah's attacks did.

I gasped as the tendrils of earth shot out of the falling fragments. Lei's eyes widened as his legs were grabbed by a pair of them and dragged down. His feet slammed into the ground, causing him to let out a scream.

"Lei!" Yuzuki yelled.

I bit my lip. Like me, Iah fought rough, but it was still disturbing to see Lei getting hurt like this.

Iah dashed toward Lei. The latter was pushing against the earth with wind. The stone had dissolved into mud, so it only expanded outward like a piece of clay in a potter's wheel.

The prince grinned as he pointed his horn at Lei.

Lei held out his hands forward and pushed him back with a powerful gust of wind, creating the most prominent plume of dust I had ever seen him make during a battle.

Iah dug his rear hooves into the ground to keep himself from being blown away. He slammed his front hooves against the ground, sending the dust flying back toward Lei alongside a wave of gravel.

Lei moved his hands in a spiral motion and cupped them. "Turben!" Lei yelled, thrusting his hands forward. A twister emerged from his palms, capturing the dust like a mighty vacuum cleaner. The gravel below was also being pulled into the funnel.

The prince of Mina laughed as he jumped into the air. Lei gasped as he noticed navy blue energy gathering in his singular horn.

He ripped off the mud shackles and flew back. Doing so was a mistake as he slammed his back into pillars of earth that had been coming his way.

"There's more?" Lei yelled.

Iah laughed. "You really thought that was it? After two battles, you should know better. Or are you not prepared?"

Lei smiled. Gales of wind appeared around him, destroying the strands of the earth coiling around him.

"You should know better than to ask that!" Lei yelled, jumping toward him. Iah's eyes widened.

"What is he doing?" Nyima asked. "He should be preparing to dodge, not going toward Iah!"

Iah lowered his head and fired a beam of draconic energy at Lei.