Episode 35: The Warning

I followed Zelde and Nyima back to the beach

I followed Zelde and Nyima back to the beach. Kun was running around in circles, trying to get Yen off of his trail.

"Those two are really something," Nyima said, sighing.

Zelde snickered. "You'll get used to it."

Oh, that's right, Zelde's known those two since they were kids. Guessing that they have always been this way. It's probably the same with Lei.

I glanced at Nyima, who was scanning the beach. She was likely searching for the missing triplet.

My eyes widened as I noticed a girl dressed in a black bodysuit. Even her face was obscured by a pitch-black helmet.

The strange figure turned her head toward me. However, I couldn't see her face thanks to the opalescent glass in front of the helmet.

Without warning, the unusual girl vanished.

I blinked. Had I imagined things? Also, why did that suit seem so familiar?

"Are you feeling well? If not, we can go back inside and go search for Orcy's friend tomorrow," Zelde said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I pointed at the spot where I had seen the girl and moved my hand up while spreading out my fingers.

"Fireworks?" Zelde asked. "Or do you mean a flower?"

I shook my head.

"Orcy, can you tell me what Sarah's trying to say?"

Nyima glanced at her familiar and then at me. She gave Zelde and me a confused look as if she hadn't paid attention to what we were doing. "Did something happen?"

Zelde put a hand on her hip and sighed. "Perhaps I should ask you the same question I asked Sarah."

Nyima blushed slightly. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"That much is obvious." Zelde chuckled. "Looking for Lei?"

"I'm looking for him and the others," she said, turning around. "I thought that they might want to come with us. But, I guess that they're off someplace else doing their own thing."

Zelde pointed at the older two triplets. "We can ask Yen and Kun to join us, at least."

Wonder if it's a good idea to invite both when they're like this...

"Hey, Kun, Yen, want to join us on a trip?" Zelde yelled.

"Trip? I want to join too!" a voice called out.

We turned around and saw the youngest triplet grinning at us. In his hands were cut fruits filled with juice.

Kun dusted his white hair off as he rushed over to us. "Where are we off to now?"

"We're going to find Sarah's familiar, as promised," Nyima said with a sly grin.

The middle triplet chuckled. "Ahh, so you do plan to keep your word after all."