Episode 12: What Happened to the Clear Skies?

As Lei and the others wrapped up their gathering of materials, I decided to make my way over to the elevator

As Lei and the others wrapped up their gathering of materials, I decided to make my way over to the elevator. The uneasy feeling just wouldn't subside.

I brought out my phone. This far down, there was no signal at all. If I wanted to find out what was going on, I would need to go up there myself.

"Is everything alright, Master Iah?" a voice called out from behind. It was Ai.

"How is the extraction coming along?" I asked, feigning a smile.

She took a deep breath and crossed her arms over her chest. "Well, it's been difficult, but we've managed to get most of it up." She laughed. "You know, your friend and you really are amazing."

I gave her a toothy grin. "They all are."

She patted my shoulder so hard that she nearly knocked me off of my footing. "There's the usual Iah I know!"

Felt like a lot of people kept saying that today...

I turned my attention back to the elevator. "Ai, tell that others that I went up ahead," I said, pressing the elevator door's button. I gasped as I realized the button wasn't lit.

Ai gasped. "What in the world... Did the power in the surface go out?" She glanced at the lights around the mine. "Great things these are powered with prana crystals, else we would be in trouble."

I took a deep breath. It was a good thing that I had chosen to bring Lei down here after all. But would he be able to power it until we reach the surface?

"I'm going to go look for Lei. He might be able to power up the elevator enough for us to reach the surface. Tell everyone else to gather."

"Huh, but the elevator can only support up to six people and a mine-cart."

"We'll just leave the ore here. We can come back down for it once we know what's going on in the surface."

She placed her hands on her hips. "I'm sure it's just a normal power outage, we've them from time to time. They don't usually take long." She let out a hearty laugh. "It'll probably be up by the time you return with that lightning mage friend of yours!"

I gave her a serious stare. "I doubt it's that simple. My gut tells me that something big is going on in the surface and it has been for some time. Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to get Lei and the others."

I came to a halt as Lei and the rest turned the corner.

"Did I hear my name be called?" Lei asked.

"Yeah, you did, or at least I heard it clearly," Yen said, smiling.

"Good thing that you're here, it save me some time. The elevator is out of power."

Nyima gasped. "What?"

Yen's eyes widened to the size of golf balls. "So we're stuck down here?"

"No, at least not if Lei can power it on," I said, glancing at her younger brother.