Episode 50: Chained

I smiled as I stared at the lovely lilac dress that I had picked out for myself

I smiled as I stared at the lovely lilac dress that I had picked out for myself. I hoped that Master Wanikiya would love it.

I sighed. Though, would he ever see me as more than a friend? Zelde already had several advantages over me, such as being part of the same team and being the one his parents picked for him to marry.

I shook my head. No, I couldn't give up! I had to continue fighting for his affection.

I opened rushed out of my room and gasped as I found a woman in a black bodysuit leaned against the opposite wall.

"Nahimana, I presume?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "And you must be the one that Adela mentioned. What do you want with me? Isn't the one you're spying at Sarah?"

She snickered. "So, you figured it out. I knew that you weren't a dumb bunch. It's true, I am keeping an eye on the princess, but she isn't the only reason I'm here. I know that you had a conversation with Lady Aida."

I crossed my arms and smiled. "Did she send you to take care of me?"

"Why do you wish for Aida to join you? What is that you're truly after?"

"You're a psychic. Try to find out."

She shook her head. "I've already tried, but your mind is impossible to read with my powers. That isn't to say that I haven't figured you out using old fashion analysis."

I curled my hands into fists. Has she figured out about Wanikiya? If so, she might try to hurt him to get to me.

"You asked me what I'm after, but what about you?" I said as shadows danced around me.

"Like I said, I am here for several reasons." She turned away from me. "I came to tell you not to hurt Lady Aida."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "You care about her? Even after what she did to your friend?"

She gasped and turned to face me. "You figured out who I am?"

"Yes. You're Nia, Sarah's childhood friend. You were taken away from the orphanage you were raised in by the Hierarchy. Now, tell me, why are you helping them? Especially Aida?"

She took a deep breath. "I have no say in the matter." She lowered her head. "My fate was decided the moment that I was taken away."

"What do you mean?"

"Aren't you also tied by the chains that you can't fight? You told Aida that much. I am similar, but it's not some divine destiny which is tying me down."

"Are they forcing you to help them?"

"Not at the moment, but if they wish, they can."

I bit my lip. So, they're threatening to take away her autonomy if she doesn't do as they say. But by what means? Does she have a chip implanted? Also, isn't the result the same? She's still following their orders.