Episode 42: Exhibiting the Lion

After taking a shower in the hotel, I joined my teammates (minus Lei), Wanikiya, Sarah, Nahimana, and Zelde to go eat

After taking a shower in the hotel, I joined my teammates (minus Lei), Wanikiya, Sarah, Nahimana, and Zelde to go eat. Nyima suggested we get some seafood, so Iah took us to the best seafood restaurant he knew in the area.

I would've invited my brothers to join us, but Elliot wanted to sleep in. Meanwhile, our older brother had left with Eri's family to further research the ruins in the outskirts of town.

Unfortunately, I couldn't catch Lei. He had left with his family, most likely to get lunch.

"Smells nice," Nyima said as soon as we walked into the restaurant.

"I don't know, it smells like fish," Nahimana retorted with a slight snicker.

"Well, it is a seafood restaurant," Iah said, laughing as he walked over to a booth and took a seat. "Order whatever you want. I'm paying."

"That's generous of you, but I already said that I rather not accept such extravagant spending on my part," Nyima said as she sat down across from him.

Iah grumbled. "Come on, don't start with that again! You're my guests. A proper host has to keep his guests properly feed and entertained."

"I think you've done a good enough job as it is. No need to pay for everything," I said as I sat down next to my childhood friend.

He furrowed his brow. "Well, if you say so. Luckily, the food here isn't too expensive," he said as he picked up a menu from the table.

"You sure seem to know a lot of places," Nyima said, lifting her eyes from her menu.

Iah smiled. "That's because one of my duties as a prince includes going around and meeting people."

I hadn't done much of that, and I was a priestess. My calling included getting to know others and spreading the word of our faith. Though, a subset of my fellow priests preferred I not do that. They saw me more as a figurehead than as an evangelist.

Thus far, I hadn't been doing a great job. I focused too much on preventing the end of the world that I had lost track of my other duties.

"Hey, look, isn't that the crown prince?" a passerby mumbled as he pointed at Iah.

"I think it is, but he seems to be with his friends, might not be a good idea to bother him," the passerby's friend said as she nudged him toward another table.

"It's fine," Iah said as he stood up and made his way over to them. "I don't mind greeting my people."

The girl bowed her head slightly. "Is it truly not a bother?"

"Nope, not at all. Also, no need to act so formal."

"That Iah," Nyima mumbled. She had a slight smile on her face.

"Iah!" a pair of voices called out. They were Yen and Kun. "Have you seen Lei?"

"Huh? No, I haven't. We were going to invite you three to come to eat with us, but you had already left."