Episode 73: Escape the Pyramid

*Yuzuki*

I formed more kunai and slightly moved my hand in preparation to flick them. The ink replica grabbed my wrist just as I was about to let throw them.

"Oh no, you don't. I can't let you escape. You're to lead me to the host of the high-grade abysmal core," the Hierarchian woman's ink clone said.

I tried to open my mouth to bite her, but her grip didn't even let me open my jaw.

"Yu-Yuzu!" Hikaru said, reaching his hand out to me.

The woman smirked at him. "If you don't want your sister to get hurt, come with me."

I tried shaking my head, but even that proved impossible.

Hikaru lowered his eyes. "You promise that you won't hurt her?" he asked, keeping his eyes down.

I flicked my free hand, throwing stars at the general. She dissolved into a pile of ink before my attack could even make contact with her. Slits formed on the ink, but they quickly closed.

I grunted as I tried to free myself from it. The stuff was like super sticky gum. No wonder Eri struggled with it.

"Yes, I promise," the other ink clones said, smiling impishly as they walked toward us.

Hikaru curled his hands into fists and took a deep breath. The replicas came to a standstill. Great thinking, Hika! For a moment, I thought that you were going to go with her to free me.

My little brother rushed over and raised his fist. His gauntlet suddenly manifested just before he punched the ink as hard as he could.

Hikaru grunted as his arm sank into the ink. He lifted his other fist, but instead of slamming it down, he used it to fire off a beam of light, vaporizing a small portion of the ink. That little piece was just enough for me to free my right arm.

I formed another set of kunai and sliced through the ink with ease, freeing myself.

"Thanks, Hika!" I said, leaping over to him to give him a big hug. Hikaru's held in breath escaped as soon as I embraced him.

His eyes widened.

I didn't need to look behind me to guess what it was. We leaped out of the way as the cocoon of ink came crashing down on where we stood like a wave.

"You should've considered my proposal, boy," the replicas said in unison as flames appeared in all of their hands.

"Hikaru, freeze time again if you can," I said.

Hika took in as deep of a gasp as he could. Time froze again, giving me the chance to grab him and warp out of there.

"You're back," Elliot said, grinning. His face was covered in sweat. Xue was still healing his wound.

"We need to hurry. That woman will be here soon. Eri went after her," I said.

"Great."

Xue gulped as she glanced at the ceiling. More stones came crashing down. The being causing this commotion certainly was an abysmal. There was no doubt anymore.

I glanced at Hikaru, who was gripping his chest. He grunted as he crouched on the floor. "What's this feeling?"

"Uncle," Serein said, placing a hand over his. "Okay?"

Hikaru glanced up at our nephew. "Y-yeah. Just a little heartburn. It must be the spicy dinner we ate finally kicking in. You know how I'm not so good with it."

I wished that he was telling the truth, but I knew better than to believe that.

"Where are Kun and the others?" Hikaru asked, trying to stand.