Episode 75: End of Winter Vacation

After arriving, I had asked Xue and Sarah to spar with me

After arriving, I had asked Xue and Sarah to spar with me. I also invited Zelde and Nahimana, but those two seemed to have had enough interaction with one another to last a lifetime. Thankfully, Xue and Sarah said yes. Well, nodded yes in the case of Sarah. The three of us went to the pool in the northern residence. A place with a lot of water was optimal for us.

Sarah smiled as she seized control of my Aqua Draco and redirected it at me. I tore the spell with a beam of light and dashed toward the princess. Tendrils emerged from the floating water barrier Sarah resided in. One of the whips struck my back, sending me falling into the pool.

"I think that you should rest, Nyima," Xue said as soon as I resurface. She walked to the edge and held out her hand.

"Thanks," I said, taking her hand.

"Now go sleep or get something to eat. You haven't laid down since we arrived."

"I can't sleep," I said, averting my gaze. I took a deep breath. Neither one of the boys had woken up yet. Not to mention, Adela ended up falling asleep on the way here. The poor girl was more tired than me.

Sarah descended and rolled her chair toward me.

I jumped out of the way, avoiding getting run over by her.

"Hey!" I yelled, barely avoiding.

"As I thought, your movements have become sluggish," Xue said.

Sarah pointed at the door several times.

I sighed and made my way to the door. Guess I should take a shower and grab something to eat after all.

My stomach grumbled at the thought of food. I was a lot hungrier than I'd expected. I chuckled as I realized I'd been acting like Lei. Except in his case, he would skip out on sleeping.

Maybe I should bring some honey chicken with me when I go see him. There was a chance that he would wake up at the scent of his favorite dish.

I hurried off back to my guest room. After a brief shower, I made my way to the dining hall. Apart from Eri's family, there was no one else eating.

"What would you like to eat," one of the maids by the entrance asked.

"I'll have whatever Ocarina and the others are having."

"Would you like some carrots too? The young sir told us you love them."

My face warmed up. Why did Iah share my love for carrots with them?

"S-sure!" I said, striding forward.

"We'll have your food out in a bit," the maid said before rushing off to the kitchen. It must've been nice to have chefs and servants at your disposal.

Yuzuki glanced at me as soon as I approached the table. Her eyes looked as tired as the one I'd seen reflected after coming out of the shower.

"Had a nice rest?" I asked, pulling up a seat next to Raul.