Episode 34: Sea of Negativity

I watched as Nyima waved goodbye to the orca

"Now that she's obtained her familiar, we can return to the real reason we came here," Kun said, smiling at me.

I grabbed his hand and wrote on his palm. 'We came here to look for hers too, not just mine.'

"True, but we were going to look for yours first. Even she said so."

"Really sucks when someone goes back on their word, huh?" Yen said, leering at him.

Kun laughed. "Well, not like Nyima didn't intend to follow up with her promise later on, in her own way."

Kun wasn't sly at all...

"Thanks for waiting," Nyima said as she swam back inside. Her clothes weren't drenched at all. Had she pushed the water away before entering?

"Seems it went well," Iah said, grinning.

Nyima returned to her seat next to him and Lei. "Yeah, it went well. I got to met an old friend."

"Eh, you have more old friends?" Lei asked.

Nyima crossed her arms and narrowed her blue eyes at him. "You thought you were the only one?"

"Well, I thought you said that you didn't have many friends growing up." He glanced up at the dim light above. "Well, I guess that 'not many' isn't exactly the same as one..."

"I had several, but those didn't last long," she said, sighing.

Lei poked her on the shoulder and smiled. "Well, at least we met again, right? That gives us a chance to rekindle our friendship!"

Nyima's cheeks reddened, prompting her to avert her gaze. "Well, I guess that's true..."

Iah chuckled. "Plus, you made new friends too."

She glanced at us and smiled. "You're right, I do."

"And we all like you despite your iron tongue."

She elbowed him on the side. "Hey, couldn't you have left it at that?"

The blond prince grinned. "Sorry, I had to say it."

She lowered her gaze to her lap. I could tell she was still smiling despite what Iah said.

I raised my eyes toward the dim light. Wonder how Fan and the kids at the orphanage are doing... Hopefully, they are safe, whether they are.

Last I heard, Fan and the kids had gone into hiding for fear that H.E.H. would target them to lure my brother and me back into Sera.

"Sarah, what's wrong?" Kun asked, touching my shoulder. His eyes were on my hands, which were curled into fists. Blood had started to drip out, but my rage numbed any pain there otherwise would be.

I shouldn't have continued with my visits, following Mother's death. It is my fault that Fan, the kids, and the others are in trouble. They have already suffered enough as is! Why did they have to be pulled into this?