Episode 114: Maniacal Genius

Hideo pushed himself up

Hideo pushed himself up. His aura flickered back to life.

"Huh? Not done yet?" Jianguo said, spreading his arm as he chuckled like a villain out of one of my kids' donghua.

"Damn it," Hideo mumbled as he moved around. His Second Angel form subsided anew. He gritted his teeth as he continued to attack the governor from multiple angles. "I failed again..."

Jianguo laughed and appeared in front of him. "Your friend's sacrifice with be for nothing!"

The governor was thrown to the side by exploding tiles. I'd been forming them while he'd been focused on Qing and Hideo.

He turned to look at my glaring eyes.

"Now, it's my turn to fight you," I said, slamming my hooves against the floor. Stone rose up from the ground like a wave and rained over the governor who burned it into ceramic, causing it to blow up on him. 

He touched his forehead and stared at the crimson liquid on his hands. "Ha! Ha! Ha! You people are some of the first ones in ages to make me bleed! But worry, not, I'll make you repay these droplets by the gallon!"

I gritted my teeth. This guy was as bad as Aida.

"Knew the guy would be insane," a voice called out.

Rebecca and Emile gasped as they saw their son. He sat on a transformed Iah's back.

"Hal, get away! What could you possibly contribute to the war in your weakened state?"

Iah ran over to the injured Hideo and Qing.

"H-Hal," Qing said, glancing up at him.

Hal jumped down and took out a needle. "Don't flinch."

Iah partially reverted back into his human form and took out some needles of his own.

"This is getting both more tedious and more exciting!" Jianguo yelled, laughing as flames exploded outward from his body.

Rebecca rushed at him. "Stop!" she yelled, launching shrapnel at him.

Hideo fired off an orange beam from his rifle at the same time, while I stomped the ground once again, sending a wave of earth at him.

Qing gritted his teeth as Hal and Iah finished what they were doing. My guess was that the two were numbing the pain with acupuncture and anesthetics. He formed a water arm where his right arm used to be and slammed the ground, creating a rush of water.

Jianguo covered himself in his void magic again, destroying our attacks.

"W-what? That's insane!" Hal said. He gasped and threw his needles at him. The void crackled as the needles pierced it.

"It's not erasing them," Iah said.

Hal grinned. "Good thing I remembered that most magic can't destroy that material."