Episode 70: Break Free!

We ran forward and made it to the part where Kun had felt the girls and Iah fight the metal statues

We ran forward and made it to the part where Kun had felt the girls and Iah fight the metal statues. We would've arrived here earlier if not for the ground suddenly opening up after a quake shook the entire pyramid.

My eyes widened as I saw a figure at the end of the chamber. Adela was knelt down on the floor in pain. Neither Nyima nor Iah was anywhere to be seen.

Kun said that two people were moving in the center of the pyramid despite Hikaru's time magic. Nyima was immune to it and possessed the ability to grant said immunity to others, so I'd expected it to be Adela and Nyima. Perhaps Hikaru's range wasn't that large yet.

I ran over to Adela. "What happened?" I asked, pulling her into my arms. Her face was devoid of color.

Adela smiled as she opened her eyes and saw it was me. "Lei. Stop Iah. Nyima went alone," she said, trying her best to speak.

I gasped. "What?" Had Nyima gone after him by herself?

Kun stared at the path on the left. The entire building shook violently.

"What's going on?" Hikaru asked.

"Something's going on there," Yen said, pointing at the same hall Kun was staring at.

"We better make haste," Kun said, running on ahead.

Hikaru stared uneasily at the ceiling as sand started to spill in from the cracks in the stones.

"Kun, stabilize this place first," Yen said.

Kun's eyes shifted back and forth between the hall and the crumbling ceiling.

"I'll go on ahead!" I yelled. "I'll bring back both!"

"Wait," Adela said as I lowered her. "Let... me go... with... you."

"What? But you're low on energy."

"Here, let me transfer some of mine," Hikaru said, putting his hands on her shoulder.

"Wait, but if you do that, you'll be out of commission," Yen said.

"I know, but I don't think that I'll be much help." He glanced up. "Iah wasn't affected by my magic just now." He closed his eyes for a second and gasped. Dark wisps began to appear out of his back.

Adela got up and moved away from him. "This power. Why do you have the same aura as the Rulers?"

"Rulers?" Lei asked.

"Yes. You probably don't recall as we were kids, but we met two of them years ago during the Kyuuseishin games. The two of them even tried to kidnap a kid..." Her eyes widened. "That kid was him... Who are you, Hikaru?"

Hikaru shook his head, causing the wisps to vanish. He collapsed to the floor.

"Hika!" Yen yelled, running over to him.