Chapter 17

I turned around, I had my back to her. I turned my head slightly as she stood up. A small whine escaped her mouth as she put pressure on her now swollen ankle. I hated seeing her hurt.

I turned around slowly, as she stood less than a metre away from me. I looked down towards the left, determined not to make eye contact, knowing that all I would do is burst into tears if I did. But I couldn't resist it, my eyes flickered from the ground to her eyes as she focused on mine. Then my eyes stopped, looking deep into hers as they rimmed with water.

"Joe, I miss you..." She said, barely even pronunciating the last part.

Single tears fell from my eyes as her face went bright red from the streams gushing from her eyes. Though she still looked into mine with no struggle at all.

I stepped towards her and placed my hands in her waist as she swung her arms around my neck. Our foreheads rested in each other's shoulders as all we did was stay silent and rock side to side, still in each other's embrace.

'I miss you too" I whispered into her neck.

We eventually pulled apart as one strand of hair fell into her view. I took one finger and pushed it behind her ear, resulting in a little giggle escape her lips.

"Joe, we need to talk about Caspar" she said, breaking the moment.

I knew this day was coming, hence why I constantly, mentally prepared myself for this moment.

We walked into the front room and sat on the sofa as I switched off the TV.

"Where do I start?" I said sarcastically.

Alice POV

What does he mean by that? Is there a lot I must know?

Then he started talking "it all started back in year 7 (around ages 11-12, first year of secondary school/high school I think), my family and I were on holiday to South Africa. I met this boy and we became really good friends until I found out that he was a complete and utter psycho... his name was Caspar...."

- - - - - - - - - -

Okay so I know this chapter is really short and more of a filler chapter but you kind of find out more about Joe's and Caspar's past, leaving it on a bit of a cliff hanger!

If you enjoyed this Chapter then please vote and comment, and please follow me!

Thanks for reading! I love you all so much and thank you for getting me to 1K reads, nearly 1.5k! I'd hug every single one of you if I could!

If you have any ideas about what you would like to happen, I'm always open for ideas and would love if you could comment or inbox me! Also I may be taking requests and adding some of you as characters in this so comment or inbox me something nice and you may find yourself in the next few chapters!

Thanks for reading!

-gottahaveyoutube xx