Chapter 24

As I stormed out of the room ,the men followed closely behind dragging Joe along with them. We made our way up the stairs and into one of the many spare bedrooms of Caspar's house.

They shoved Joe into the room, sending him flying into the hard wooden floor. He winced in pain as they shut the door behind them, leaving us two alone.

I ran over to him, crouching down wanting nothing but for him to tell me he's okay.

"Joe! Are you oka-"

"Alice, what do you think? I was shoved in the back of a van by two of my 'best friends' and was bought to this stupid house with a psycho who wants to kill me..." he replied, anger clear in his voice but trying to whisper so no one heard.

"Joe, I'm so sorry! You have to forgive me! I shouldn't have run off like that, and I shouldn't have lied to you. I'll be okay here, please just save yourself and get out of here! I'll figure something out for my sake but please leave and be safe!" I say as tears begin to stream down my face as I cup his cheeks.

Worry washes over his face as he thinks about leaving me by myself.

"Alice, you know I can't just leave you. You're not safe here, especially by yourself. You don't know what Caspar is like." he replies, tears brimming his eyes.

"Please just go.." I reply, standing up and sitting on the nearby bed.

Joe POV

I can't leave her here all by herself.

I would never forgive myself if something happened to her, she's my world, she's all I have left.

"I can't leave!" I reply near to shouting, following her and sitting beside her on the bed, just millimeters apart.

"why can't you?" she replies louder than before.

"becaus-because I love you! Yeah, that's right Alice, I love you! I love you so damn much and if something ever happened to-" I begin but am immediately cut off by her soft lips on mine.

I instantly kiss back and deepen the kiss.

She pulls away and looks me in the eye as more tears stream down her red, tear-stained face.

"If you love me, Joe. Then please leave" she chokes out before walking towards the door.