Chapter 9

ALICE POV

He was beautiful, gorgeous, more than a girl could dream for. He was tall with stunning blonde hair that shone in the light.

'Are you okay?' He asked me, taking my hand and gesturing me to stand up. I could tell he wasn't English, I just wasn't sure what accent it was.

'Umm..thank you for that, umm..I'm sorry' I replied nervously.

'Its okay, just wanted to make sure you're fine' he said followed by a smile. Though the screaming of the girls continued, when I was around him, it all stopped. 'well, I'm Caspar, Caspar Lee' I moved here from South Africa a week ago. 'and you are?' He said with a cheeky grin.

'My name's Alice' I smiled back. 'Well Alice...I...' Caspar trailer off as Joe quickly grabbed my hand and quickly walked away, out of the doors and straight to the car. We got in, Joe driving and me in the passengers seat. We both started breathing heavily before turning our heads to each other and laughing, though I couldn't seem to get this mysterious South African boy out of my mind.

I knew I didn't love this boy, I loved Joe. So, what did I feel that was so special about him?

- - - - - - -

We arrived back at our houses and neither of our parents were home, we went into Joe's house and entered the front room. As I walked through the door, Joe swooped me up, bridal style and laid me down on the sofa before reaching for a blanket and placing it over me.

'I'm sorry about earlier, the girls at your school are crazy' he said softly whilst making sure I was tucked in securely.

'Don't worry about it, I know, they're all mental' I replied

JOE POV

Who was this boy? I knew I recognised him! Just, where from? And, why did he talk to Alice?

'Joeeeee' Alice called to me.

'Yes sweetie?' I called back, starting to make my way towards her. As I reached the front room, she was still laying down with had her arms spread out wide in the air.

'I want a hug' she said innocently. I couldn't resist her cute offer, I walked over giggling as I did. I snuggled up next to her and she rested her head on my chest.

'I love you' she whispered before closing her eyes.

'I love you too, cutie' I replied before doing the same.

ALICE POV

I was falling, long and fast. they were all screaming at me. 'You're ugly!' 'You don't deserve Joe' 'You don't deserve to live'. Joe was leading this army of psychos. I couldn't lead this life anymore, that's what this had come to. Then it all stopped, the falling, the screeching and even the thoughts. I looked up to find the blonde South African, Caspar, looking down at me. I was in his arms, bridal style. He had saved me, he made it all stop, he made me believe in myself again.

I opened my eyes, it was a dream. I felt Joe shaking me gently and whispering my name. He was hugging me tighter than usual and my face was damp. I looked into Joe's eyes.

'What happened?' I asked him, upset.

'Well, you started crying before saying leave me alone, repeatedly and really quietly for about 20 seconds then you stopped completely and about 10 seconds after that you said I love you shortly before waking up. I think you had a bad dream' Joe said sadly before kissing my forehead and rubbing my upper arm.

'I don't remember any of it'

I lied...