Chapter 12

I didn't want to mention this situation to Caspar. It'd be a bit awkward. I was starting to regret whatever me and Joe had between us. I still loved him but not enough to be his girlfriend. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and started to compose a text to Joe.

We need to talk. I text him.

I have a free house, meet me at mine. He replied.

Without replying I made my way to Joe's house.

As I started to walk towards his front door he immediately opened it. he gestured for me to walk in and then closed the door behind me.

'Whats up?' He asked.

'I don't know how you'll take this Joe but, we can't date'

Joe's face instantly dropped.

'I still love you Joe-'

'Then why are you breaking up with me?' He interrupted.

'Because, honestly, I think it's pathetic that you'd make up such a lie about Caspar. He's one of my best friends and was there for me when you weren't.'

Joe was silent, briefly. 'So you love Caspar?'

'No, well-' I replied, confused at myself.

A tear formed in Joe's eye.

'Joe, you've bought this on yourself. You lied and now you face the consequences'

'ALICE, I DIDN'T LIE. CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? Caspar is dangerous and I'm trying to protect you' he shouted, making me jump.

'And there it continues...I'm gonna leave now' I replied, smiled gently then walked out of his house and back home.

- - - - - - - - -

Do you want to FaceTime me? Casp x

Yeah sure x I replied.

My phone started to ring briefly after leading me to answer. Caspar's face appeared on my screen, smiley as always, pulling that soppy grin he knew I loved.

We spoke for ages, about anything and everything, apart from Joe. That was until Caspar asked how he was. Then things got extremely awkward.

'Erm, Caspar. Me and Joe are no longer together.' I said quietly.

'Oh...erm... sorry about that. If you don't mind me asking, why?' He asked nervously.

'Let's just say...different thoughts' I said before smiling, obviously fake.

'Ahh okay' Caspar replied after taking the hint to stop talking.

Things immediately got even more awkward.

'Anyway, I have to go now, school tomorrow...ugh, byeeee' Caspar said sadly.

'Oh yeah, same, byyyeeee' I replied before smiling and hanging up.

Around now I would be getting a text from Joe telling me I was beautiful or something but my phone was blank, silent and rejected. No love filled my phone, just like my heart.

What had I done?

- - - - - - - -

Well, that relationship did not last long! So now #Jalice has sunk, will another ship set sail? Please vote, share and comment or even inbox me your ideas! Thanks for reading!!!

Byeeeee

-gottahaveyoutube