- Percy VI -

- Percy VI -

"Baby, come back to bed. We can plan in the morning," Annabeth yawned and forced herself into a sitting position. Her eyes were puffy with sleep.

"I will in a minute, Bethie. Let me just-"

"Percy. Come on," she said sharply.

I let out a breath, before pulling my shirt off and slipping into bed with her. "Sorry Wise Girl," I murmured. She buried herself into my arms.

"You need to take a break. It's been 3 days since the army showed up and I don't think you've slept since," she scolded quietly. Her fingers traced down my arm, drawing unknown patterns. "I'm worried about you. I miss you."

"I know Annie. But once this is over-"

"Percy what happens if this isn't ever over? If we die? You need to spend some time with your kids right now. With me," she hissed and flipped around so we were facing each other.

"We won't."

"But we might!"

"We won't."

"Percy until you acknowledge the fact that there is a big chance of not surviving, you will not be able to make the right decisions. And as much as I want to deny it, we might not make it out of this," she whisper hissed. My face faltered as I inspected her.

"I just... Annabeth we just found each other. Again. What happens if- if we don't plan enough. If we miss one key moment, if we slip up at all-"

"I know Percy. Gods, I know. And it's not just us anymore. We have Charlie and Luke and Bianca-"

"Not really a good pep talk babe."

"Shush. All I'm saying is, you're not going through this alone. Is it possible that since you missed 8 years of the twins lifes, you are trying to make up for it by trying to prove that you can take care of us? Is it also possible that's the reason you wanted to rush the wedding? That you want to do everything you can to keep our family safe, no matter what it costs you?" she murmured softly, tilting her head. Her hand rested on my cheek and I burrowed into her hand. She had wrapped bandages across her palms (probably to keep her calluses from worsening).

"Maybe," I finally admitted. "But they're just so perfect. And so forgiving. And they don't blame me at all, but it's my fault. It's my fault they grew up without a Father and it's my fault you were so heartbroken for so many years and it's my fault Bianca's dead-". My breath sucked in and her head snapped towards me. I hadn't said that since the day it happened. Even when we had been in the sleep realm. Her face twisted into a heartbroken frown.

"Oh Percy- oh no. No, no, no, no, no. Baby, that- that will never be the case. Never. She- Percy she loved you so much. You two were best friends. And she was so happy that you were going to have a future after the war," she cried, pulling both of us up into a sitting position. I hadn't even realized I had been crying. But sobs were wracking my body as I buried my head into her shoulder.

"I miss her Beth. I miss- I miss her smile and her personality. I miss the way she didn't judge me no matter what I would do. And I wish she could meet the baby. She would have absolutely loved her." And so we sat there and cried. Hours and hours into the night.

--------------

There were no nightmares that night. A small blessing. But when I awoke, the cabin was empty. Charlie and Luke's beds had been neatly made up neatly, and there was a piece of paper by my bedside.

Seaweed Brain-

Please take a day to take care of yourself. I'm leaving the twins to train with Jason for the day, and Bianca will stay with me. I just have a few things to take care of but i'll be back soon. I love you, and thank you for opening up to me last night. (Through battles and wars and hell itself.)