- Hazel III -

- Hazel III -

"But why Charlie? Why not Luke? Or me or you?" Percy hissed, running both hands through his hair.

"Because he knew it would get to us. Not just the message, but that he has access to the kids," Annabeth breathed. Charlie and Luke were asleep on the floor and Bianca was sleeping peacefully in Grover's arms. Percy and Annabeth had refused to let them out of their sight for the past two hours.

Percy's back slouched, resting his forehead in his hands.

"The other sectors should get here tomorrow. But he wouldn't have sent a message if he wasn't planning something. We need to get patrols going around the border hourly. Chiron, Hazel, Frank, we have the numbers to do so if you would prefer to not make the campers participate," he finally said and looked up. Frank and I exchanged a quick glance.

"You can use members of the legion over the age of 14. Lavinia, you're in charge of working with Percy to devise these groups," I said, glancing towards the pink haired girl. She nodded and popped a bubble.

"You should ask Annabeth. She's pretty much the leader of camp," Chiron said amusedly.

Percy glanced at his gi- wife. She was his wife now.

"You can use campers over the age of 13. But I suggest using some of the older campers for late night patrol," Annabeth agreed, pushing her chair back and walking out of the room. A second later, she returned with a stack of rolled up papers. She spread one out and started to show him the best possible placement for patrols.

"Thanks Bethie. We'll work on this more in the morning. We need to get training and sparring back going, though. Luke, take sector F and start training with swords. Anyone is welcome to join them in the arena. Zoe, your talking sectors C and D to work on archery. I'm gonna work with Nico, Hazel, Thalia, Jason, and the twins. If I can do what Chaos did to me and Bianca, they will be really helpful. Micheal... go with Zoe, and Ethan go with Luke. Silena, you're on other weapons, like daggers, knives, and spears and such. If the campers want they are more than welcome to come train with us. Annabeth, you're staying with me," he finished stubbornly.

"Percy I think she should train with-'' Silena started.

"She's staying with me," he growled.

"Yeah you can't separate us. I'll spar with the people Percy's not working-"
A crash was heard from downstairs and Bianca let out a loud cry. She started to practically scream at the top of her lungs, which woke Charlie and Luke up. In the next few seconds, Annabeth had pulled the twins into her lap and Percy had Bianca in one arm and riptide in the other.

"I'll go check it out," Beckendorf said softly.

Percy gave him a curt nod as he let Bianca suck on his finger.

"I'm sure it's nothing Percy," Silena said reassuringly. He let out a breath.

"I don't know, Lena. I have a feeling," he said softly, and he and Annabeth exchanged a glance. This couldn't be easy for them. Knowing that the person they have been having nightmares about for years is out of the pit, and coming for their child. For whatever reason. "Beth if it is him, you take the kids and get out of here," Percy murmured.

Annabeth just rolled her eyes and whacked the back of his head.

"Not happening. I can fight just as well as you Percy. Why don't you take the kids and get out of here," she shot back, glaring half-heartedly.

"If worse comes to worse, me and Piper will take them," I offered.

"We will. Right now, they need to be safe," Piper agreed and reached across the table to grab Annabeth's hand. She squeezed it and offered Piper and I a smile.

"Thank you. It means a lot."

"You guys should come see this," Beckendorf called from downstairs.

He didn't seem to be getting killed, so that was always a plus, if you ask me.

"Are you two sure you can handle this? With the nightmares and flashbacks..." Frank trailed off.

"We'll be fine. As long as the kids are safe, we'll be fine," Percy murmured softly. I have a bad feeling about this.

--------------

Outside of the border was Chaos. Monsters were rolling in by the dozens, and not just the less powerful ones. There was everything, ranging from empousa to drakons. And then in the center of it was a tent. A tent. The flap to the door lifted and I heard two breaths suck in.

"Oh gods it's actually him," Percy choked out. His grip tightened around Bianca, as he scooted into Annabeth.

Annabeth let out a small sob.

A tall man had stepped out, red eyes surveying the field. He could not see past the border, and yet, his eyes seemed to fall right where we were standing. Raw and puckered scar tissue consumed his face and arms and hands.

He was hell.

"There setting up camp. Not here to fight yet, but preparing," Reyna said harshly, eyes rolling over the monsters. Campers had come out of their cabins, gasping at the sight of the army.

"Luke, we need to go wake the sectors and start patrols. Annabeth-"

"I'll be fine here Percy. Go," she said quickly, taking the baby from him. He pressed a kiss onto her cheek before him and Sector A ran off. She stared after them. "I'm worried about him. He's pushing himself too hard," she said finally.

Piper put a hand on her shoulder and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm not sure if we told you this, Annabeth, but I missed you. It's been years and years, but you're finally back," she murmured into the blond curls. Annabeth practically unraveled at the words.

"I know. I know Pipes."

A/N: Second update today! XOXO, Alexandra <3

989 Words