- Piper II -

- Piper II -

"Are we sure that Zoë will side with us over her father?" Jason whispered in a hushed tone.

"Well it's not like they have a great relationship. He did kill her, after all," I hissed back. "And if Percy trusts her, then I do too."

"You guys don't have to worry. Zoe despises Atlas more than anyone else in the world," Silena cut in casually. I whipped my head in her direction.

"No- I mean- We didn't think that-" I stuttered, not wanting to get on Zoe's bad side. I mean, I have heard THINGS about her.

"Don't worry. I won't tell, but I can promise you she won't switch sides. We all owe Percy too much anyways," she dismissed.

Jason and I exchanged a quick glance. I mean, we had only known Percy for a couple of months, but we always thought we had this special friendship. But these people? Not only had they known him when he was prepubescent but they had also been with him for over 1,000 years. That's pretty hard to compete with. But the one thing everyone seemed to agree on was the twins.

"Hey thank you for looking out for him all these years," Jason said softly as if reading my mind. She smiled and for a second it seemed like the clouds got thinner.

"Thanks for looking after Annabeth and the twins. I mean, I WAS ready to hate her for the rest of my life. But Percabeth is endgame. And we used to be friends back when I was alive. I was the first person she told about her crush on Percy," she explained wistfully, spacing out for a second. "But anyways, don't worry about anyone in the army. We're loyal to Percy." And with that she bounced over to Beckendorf and pressed a kiss onto his lips lightly.

"She's nice," Jason commented. The hill started to flatten up revealing dozens of monsters. There were pillars crumbling over in one area, and a dozen monsters in all of the others. A deep laugh rang out.

"Oh yes. They did exactly as my aunt said they would," Atlas called. "Come here little ones. Let me get a good look at you two." I watched as the twins took a few step forwards.

"Charlie, Luke, get back here now," Alex hissed. She grabbed the pair by their arms.

"I'm just getting a good look at them. I'm stuck under here, and even if I wasn't I couldn't hurt them," Atlas scoffed. His eyes drifted away from the twins and a grin grew on his face.

"Zoe! Welcome home darling. I see you have started a relationship with the traitor," he accused.

Luke growled.

"Atlas can't you see your being manipulated? Whoever your commander is will just use and dispose of you," Luke explained. I took a small step forward.

"Don't all of you think it would be better just to stay out of this battle? You've been fighting for so long," I coaxed.

The monsters seemed to relax, whispering to each other.

"Aphrodite spawn, do you seriously think I would fall for that?" Atlas grinned. Before I knew what was happening the monsters advanced and Jason screamed my name. I spun around and blocked an arrow with my dagger.

It had started.

-----------------------

It had been 30 minutes into the battle when I heard the cry.

The terrified, heartbreaking scream that I could recognize anywhere.

"Charlie!" Luke screamed and my head whipped to the direction of the voice.

A crack of lightning obliterated an empousa. Charlie had a slash on the side of her stomach which was bleeding heavily. The rest of the monsters were killed in a blink in an eye as every adult rushed towards the wounded girl.