- Percy VII -

- Percy VII -

He watched Annabeth hit the ground, and a yell escaped his lips. He slashed at him randomly, before running over to her. Blood trickled down her temple and her eyes fluttered shut.

"I think she has a concussion. We need ambrosia. Will!" I yelled and tore off a piece of my shirt to apply pressure. I was faintly aware of how Jason and Luke were now both fighting him simultaneously.

"Here you go," Will murmured and passed a flask of nectar to me. I dripped some on the cut and the blood stopped. Using my fingers, I pushed her cheeks together and her lips parted enough for me to pour some of the liquid into her mouth. After a second she swallowed it and her eyes fluttered back open.

"Oh thank the gods. Wise girl, are you okay?" I murmured.

She nodded her head and rolled into me.

"Can we go back to sleep? I don't wanna wake the kids up yet," she whispered. I rubbed her scalp affectionately. The sound of metal crashing snapped us out of our bubble. "Can you stand, baby?" She nodded before I slipped my arm around her shoulder and helped her up.

Tartarus wasn't even breaking a sweat. Unless someone came up with a good idea soon, it would all be for nothing. Annabeth and the kids would either be kept as trophies or killed.

"You don't get it, do you? It doesn't water how many monsters you defeat their lives are all tied to mine. They'll just be back. As long as there is breath in my chest, you will never win," he taunted. My back tensed.

If I could kill him then the monsters...

My eyes subconsciously went down to the ground.

If I could create a crack...

No. He would never actually fall unless someone dragged him down. The breath left my chest in a harsh exhale.

Someone dragged him down. I knew what needed to be done. With a stomp, the ground split in half. Everyone stumbled to pick a side, not wanting to fall in. I turned to look at Annabeth, who was swaying slightly.

"Thalia!" I called lightly, and she came running. "Take her." Thalia started to protest but I quickly transferred Annabeth's weight over to her shoulder.

"Hey, Wise Girl, look at me." The familiar grey eyes met mine and I almost sobbed. "You're going to be okay. Stay with Thalia, you have a concussion."

"Percy-"

"It's all going to be fine. Tell Charlie and Luke that I'll be watching out for them, and that I wish we could have more time."

Annabeth's eyes widened, and she seemed to realize what was happening.

"Percy, no-"

"Tell Bianca that her father loved her, and that I know she will be just as strong as her mother. And- be happy, Annabeth. If that means moving on, then move on. I love you," I whispered. She grabbed my arm and shook her head frantically.

"Perseus Jackson don't you-" she begged, reaching out shakily. I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers. When we pulled away, I slipped my wedding ring into her hand, and lunged at him.

He let out a roar, and together, we plunged into darkness.

--------------

As we fell, we wrestled against each other. The wind rushed into our ears and I stabbed the sword through his throat. Blood trickled upward and the fire in his eyes seemed to fade.

And we fell.

And fell.

And fell.

And then we hit the ground.

--------------

Annabeth screamed, and collapsed into Thalia's side. All around them monsters crumbled into dust. She sobbed as the ground closed up, leaving only a slight line where the crack had used to be.

Hazel and Nico both stumbled simultaneously, gasping. Annabeth glanced toward them and her eyes pleaded for some good news.

Nico just shook his head. Her face crumpled and a broken cry escaped her lips.

"No... No he can't-... we- I-" she sobbed again.

"Annie, you have a concussion we need to get you help-" Thalia started but was cut off by Will resting a hand on her shoulder.

"She'll be okay. Get her back to cabin 3, and whatever you do, don't leave her alone. We'll go do damage control and... and go get the twins and Bianca. Just keep an eye on her," he instructed quietly.

Thalia nodded and pulled Annabeth deeper into her chest. No one made any comments on the tears leaking down the forever 15 year old's cheeks. Will turned towards the rest of the people and breathed out. Silena was sobbing into Beckendorf's chest, staring at the spot Percy had disappeared.

"Does anyone want to come to the big house with me?" he asked loudly, making his voice slightly louder than Annabeth's sobs.

"I will," Zoë offered quietly. "It'll be good for them to hear it from multiple people."

--------------

I shot up and gulped down the air.

"About time, sleepy head. I was beginning to think you'd never wake up," a familiar voice laughed. My breath hitched, and I slowly opened my eyes. Bianca's warm brown ones gazed back. A sob escaped my lips.

"Bi-Bianca?"

"Hey Perce," she whispered, a sad smile tugging at her lips. I felt my eyebrows knit in confusion, and I reached out to touch her forehead. She was real.

"Was- was it all a dream? Or am I-"

Dead.

I couldn't get the word out of my mouth. She grabbed my hand with both of hers and squeezed lightly.

"You died. But you took Tartarus with you, too. So that's a plus," she chuckled softly. But her eyes turned sad quickly.

"Scootch over. We have stuff to talk about." I listened obediently and made room for her next to me. My fingers subconsciously moved to my left ring finger, which I tugged on.

No ring.

Bianca shot me a knowing look. "Congratulations, by the way. It was a beautiful ceremony, even if you did cry like a baby," she teased and poked my side.

I tilted my head at her. "You were watching?" I asked quietly.

She nodded and smiled. "Of course I was watching. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. You're my best friend," she chidded. I felt tears well in my eyes.

"Does that mean I can see them? Charlie and Luke and Bianca?" Her lips quirked.

"You could. And you will. But let's just enjoy these last few moments before you have to go."

"Go? Go where?"

"Where you belong. Percy, what happened to me wasn't your fault. We all knew the risks of fighting, and you couldn't have known I was going to die. I know you blame yourself," she murmured. I straightened up.

"B, what's going on? This feels like your saying goodbye," I whispered. She scoffed and swiped at her eyes.

"It's not goodbye. Not even you can live forever. It's just a... see you later. Hopefully much later." Someone knocked on the door. She pressed a kiss onto my forehead and squeezed my hand.

"Tell everyone I miss them. And baby Bianca that Auntie Bianca says hi. I love you Percy."

A/N: Um...... yeah. So this happened. Vote and comment? XOXO, Alexandra <3

1,190 Words