- Piper III -

- Piper III -

"Hello Mr. Jackson. Hello Miss Cha-".

"It's Jackson. It's Mrs. Jackson now," Annabeth snapped. Percy rested an arm on her waist and pulled her in. Mnemosyne's eyes flickered with amusement.

"Ah, I see. You must be feeling rather... refreshed, after some good sleep. But I thought you would come holding your new little girl," she taunted. Annabeth growled and tried to push forward, but Percy's grip stayed strong.

"Stand down Mnemosyne. But you are right, I haven't met little Bianca yet. And I feel like I deserve to meet αγγελάκι. It is because of me she's alive, after all," A deep, male voice chuckled. It was like all the warmth had been drained from the atmosphere. Everyone's attention turned to the man who had spoken.

Tartarus.

He was standing next to Mnemosyne, staring straight at Percy and Annabeth.

They both flinched.

"What the Hades are you talking about?" Percy snapped at him. This time it was Annabeth who tightened her grip on his arm, and moved him behind her.

"Perseus, you should be happy with me. I saved your wife, and daughter's life. No thank you's?" he crooned. Annabeth's breath sucked in.

"It was you. My mother said someone must have assisted with the birth, and it was you, wasn't it?" she accused, resting a hand on her stomach. Tartarus just grinned and nodded at the couple.

"Why? That makes no sense. You could have just let me die and then this whole war would be a hell of a lot easier for you."

"I am here to offer your family a deal. You and your friends are here on Parley, I remind you, so take a deep breath Mrs. Jackson," he said tauntingly. Annabeth snarled.

"If you go and take your children, and get out here within the next two hours, I will swear that no one will ever touch any member of the Jackson family again. That includes your mother, your sister, your stepfather. All you have to do is leave," he proposed. We all blinked at him for a minute before bursting out laughing.

"Oh gods you must be insane. We would never abandon our friends. Besides, you'll never touch our kids either way, and Chaos protected my mom," Percy snorted. Tartarus just raised an eyebrow.

"What happens if you don't win this though. Sure, I have a whole group of monsters wanting to torture you Percy. Annabeth and the children, though... I think i'll keep them. I'll raise Bianca as my own and break Annabeth into being my obedient wife. The twins will have no choice other than to stay. But if you leave now, that won't happen even if we do win. All you need to do is pack and leave."

"You'll be back down rotting in the pit before you lay a hand on me or any of our children," Annabeth growled.

"How can you fight me if you can't even say my name?"

"Tartarus. There. We can say it if we want to. Now get the hell out of here," Percy snapped.

A fire simmered in the primordial eyes, before he faded into smoke.

Mnemosyne waved and followed.

As soon as the last bit of smoke disappeared, Percy and Annabeth broke down. "Oh gods Beth-" he choked up on his words and pulled her into his chest.

"I don't want him to take Bianca and the twins. She is- he cannot raise her. No matter what," she cried into his arms. It was quiet for a minute.

"He won't. He won't, we promise," Leo reassured the couple. They turned to look at us, their connected forms shaking.

"They have thousands of monsters and titans and gods waiting to kill me. And Annabeth-" his voice faltered.

"They will not win," I promised, resting a hand on Annabeth's shoulder. She smiled back at me before burying her head back into Percy's shoulder.

"Annabeth, I'm going to go assign more soldiers to watch the big house. Maybe I can figure out someone to put protective barriers around it. Will you stay with Piper and Thalia?" he asked softly. She started to protest, but he rested a hand on her cheek.

"I'll only be a couple of minutes. Meet me in the front line tent?"

"Fine. But be careful," she grumbled. I rested a hand on her hip and pulled her into me.

"C'mon Mrs. Jackson, lets go strategize."

--------------

"It seems to me that there are 5 separate large groups of monsters. So we should focus the soldiers or campers in those main areas," Annabeth finalized. Reyna hummed in agreement, glancing towards her lieutenant.

"Where should the Hunters go?" Thalia asked. Before Annabeth could answer, the door opened up.

"Um... Annabeth? I just thought you should know there's a giant sea monster coming up the Long Island Sound. And... me and Isabelle are 85 percent sure its Cetus," Malcolm winced, poking his head through the map. Annabeth blinked and stared at her half brother.

"Cetus... like the ancient sea monster? The one who the original Perseus saved Andromeda from?" Lavinia asked and popped a bubble.

"Yeah. And I think Percy is on his way now," Malcolm breathed. Annabeth cursed and started to strap her armor and weapons back on.

"That idiot is going to get himself killed," she snapped, pushing out of the tent.

"C'mon, we gotta stop her from acting on her emotions," Thalia groaned and grabbed her bow.

"We'll come with you," Frank offered, grabbing Hazel's hand. Lavinia nodded and started to chase after her friend.

"Sadie you should go too. The rest of us will stay here," Carter said, pushing his sister to the flap. With one last look into the tent, she disappeared.

"I'm going to go see if me and some of my friends can add even more wards to the big house," he said, following her.

"Pipes, lets go help Leo with Festus," Jason offered and grabbed my hand.

I smiled and followed him, out into the cool afternoon air.

A/N: I know I haven't updated in 3 weeks, but there has just been a lot going on :( Me and my boyfriend broke up and then I got into a fight with my parents and now i'm reading the shadowhunter chronicles for the first time. I've been slipping out of my PJO phase which lasted nearly a year (they're never that long), so I'm going to try and finish this before i'm 100% out of it. Please vote and comment! XOXO, Alexandra <3

1,000 Words