- Charlie I -

- Charlie I -

"We're going on a road trip, on a road trip. R-O-A-D, T-R-I-P, road trip!" I sang, much to the dismay of Luke.

"Char will you please shut up. I'm trying to pack," Luke whined.

Cabin 3 seemed colder without Mama. Well, technically her and Daddy were still in the room.

Just asleep.

"Don't forget a rain jacket," Auntie Thalia called from Mama's bunk.

"It's summer!" Luke argued.

"And were going across the country. We have no idea what the weather is gonna be like," she shot back. I folded my purple rain jacket and shoved it into the backpack. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Thalia called.

Uncle Luke slid in the door. "Hey. I have a present for each of you," he said, and glanced at Thalia. I may be 7, but there is no way in Hades you could miss the subtle glare she sent him. "These are from Chaos. Iris messages just went down, but he sent them to us through a portal," He opened his hand to reveal two black jewelry boxes. I took one out of his hand and opened the lid.

"Whoa." I breathed.

It was a simple gold necklace. A small wave hung in the middle, decorated with small gems. "It will return to you no matter what," he explained.

I glanced next to me. My brother had a bracelet with a gold plate in the middle. It had the same wave symbol, glistening in the light.

"That's your father's symbol. If you look closely, on the inside of his clothes, it has that in gold thread. May I?" Uncle Luke explained, and slid the bracelet onto Luke's wrist. He turned to me, and pulled the necklace out of the box. I lifted my hair up, and he clasped it around my neck. "If you press on the symbol, it will turn into whatever weapon you need at the moment. Solid imperial gold, and those gems come from the Chaos planet."

"Why us? Why would the most powerful being in the universe give us a gift?" Luke asked from next to me, fiddling with his bracelet.

Uncle Luke hesitated. "You're the heirs. If Percy dies, I take the lieutenant position until you become of age. Unless Percy gives his position to someone else. But he didn't ever officially do it. And that's why blood is so important in the army. That's why all the soldiers think you should stay with us," he said softly. I slid my fingers up and down the gold chain.

"He's not gonna die though. Right?" I questioned quietly.

"No baby. They're gonna be ok," Auntie Thalia butt in from the corner. She was running her fingers through Mama's hair. I pressed on the gold wave and immediately it morphed into a gold bow.

"There are no arrows," Luke pointed out, pressing his bracelet. It turned into a gold sword, and he grinned.

"Pull the string back," Uncle Luke directed me, and I did. An arrow appeared, and I let go off the string. The arrow impaled itself in the wall, and Thalia beamed at me proudly.

"That's my girl."

"To put it away, you have to find the wave symbol. It's on the hilt of the sword, but i'm not sure about the bow," he admitted. I ran my fingers over the gold, and stopped when I found an indent. I pressed it gently, and it shrunk back onto my neck. Luke did the same. "Good. We leave after dinner, so finish packing quickly. You too Thalia." he said softly.

An emotion flashed in Aunt Thalia's eyes, but quickly disappeared. She gave him a curt nodd, and went back to brushing Mama's hair. He left the room and I ran over to auntie Thalia.