Tsukishima Kei ☔️

Warnings: Swearing / Break up

⚠️REVISED⚠️

"D-did I do something wrong?" I choked out

"It's not like that" Tsukishima shook his head.

"Then what is it?" I looked up at the blonde headed boy.

I fiddled with my fingers and stared at him while his hands were in his pockets. He gazed out the window at the birds flying past the glass. The hallway we were standing in was empty and slightly chilly from the upcoming winter.

"I don't love you anymore" He breathed coldly.

"Oh" I muttered as I looked down at my feet "That's a reason.."

I held back all my tears and looked back at the boy with a bright smile.

"Thank you" I mumbled "You gave me the best two years of my life"

Kei looked down at me in shock, he didn't expect me to be so calm or to thank him.

I wiped my sweaty hand on my school skirt and looked into his golden brown eyes.

"I uh- I'll always love you" I confessed.

I turned away and walked past him while my stomach twisted in knots and my heart shattered into pieces I'm my heavy chest.

~

My school shoes made soft tapping sounds as they collided with the tile flooring.

"Y/n!"

I turned my head around and a familiar orange head of hair entered my view.

"Hello Hinata" I kindly smiled at him.

"Y/n-san... are you crying?" He stopped in his tracks about two feet away from me.

"I'm okay, just having a stressful day" I shook my head slightly

"You don't look okay-"

"I'm ok Hinata, you don't have to worry about me" I said as I wiped my pink cheeks "Don't you have volleyball? You should get going before Daichi yells at you"

"I don't wanna leave you alone though" He frowned.

"I'll be ok I promise, I just- They're happy tears"

I smiled brightly as a couple more tears fell from my eyes.

"Happy tears?" He questioned "You just said you were stressed-"

"I'm happy Hinata!" I snapped.

My eyes widened as I realized what I had just done.

"Well I should be going bye Hinata"

I quickly turned around and walked down the hall away from the red headed boy.

~

The cold air blew on my face as I walked out of the school and into the open world. The sun was setting, even though it was only about five O'clock, and the moon was rising in it's place. The white fluffy clouds were scattered across the sky making it look like rainbow sorbet.

I crossed my arms and held them close to my chest.

"Fuck" I mumbled "My sweater is in my locker"

I sighed and turned back around to head inside. The school was silent, you could hear a pin drop. I made it to my locker that was on the other side of the school. I opened the small door and grabbed my navy blue sweater that was part of my uniform. I closed my locker and  slipped on the blue fleece.

"Tsuki wait for me!" I heard Yamaguchi's voice echo down the hall.

My stomach dropped when I heard the door steps getting closer to me. I could feet the tears rushing to my y/e/c eyes as the memories from about an hour ago rushed to my head.

"Oh hey Y/n!" Yamaguchi's voice called out.

I flinched at the high pitched tone of his face as I slowly turned around to face the blonde and green haired first years.

"Hey Yams" I gave him a forced smile.

Yamaguchi was walking towards me with Kei beside him.

"Are you coming to practice?" The freckled boy asked me.

"Oh no sorry" I shook my head "I have to get home and work on a project"

"The one for History?" Yams asked.

I held back my salty tears. I didn't want to be rude but I so desperately wanted to get out of this hall way.

"Mhm" I nodded my head.

"Why don't you come and I'll help you afterwards!" He perked up "I'm sure Tsu-"

"I'm sorry not today" I shook my head once again.

"Oh ok" He frowned.

I looked down at my wrist that had a small silver watch on it. I turned my wrist over and unclipped it.

"You're probably gonna want this back" I handed Tsukishima his watch he always let me use.

"Huh?" He looked down at me.

"Your watch, I'm not gonna need it anymore"

He gave it to me because I would always lose my phone in my bag and never know what time it was so I was always late for everything. Mostly our dates.

"You can keep it" he told me

"Please take it" I choked out "I don't want it"

The slightly heavy object left my hand, I pulled my hand back. I looked down at the sparkly floor as tears slipped out of my eyes.

"Are you guys ok?" Yams curiously asked.

I picked my head up and smiled brightly at Yamaguchi. Tears flooded down my soft pink cheeks as I slightly hiccuped.

"I've never been better" I harshly choked out.

"You're crying and you gave Tsuki back his watch-"

"We broke up" I simply spoke "We fell out of love"

Tsukishima looked shock when I said 'We'. He knew for a fact I didn't fall out of anything. I couldn't let the only person Tsukishima ever let close to him get mad at him. So I lied. I lied for the boy who didn't deserve it.

"Oh" Yams muttered softly.

"I have to go now, bye" I quickly walked past the two taller boys

My chest tightened as I blinked. My head felt light as nausea washed over me. I clenched you teeth and quickly ran down the rest of the way towards to front door.

The cold breeze hit me again but this time it was different. It was colder and made the air seem thinner. I fell down onto the pavement as I clutched onto myself.

I felt pathetic sobbing in front of the school but everything just bursted out of me. It hurt. The boy who I was madly in love with just told me he didn't love me anymore. My hopes and dreams of seeing him down the isle was no more. Everything was taken away from me in a matter of 2 hours.