Tobio Kageyama ☔️

Warnings: Swearing

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I watched the boy of my dreams talk to Aimi. I want him to smile down at me. I want him to lend me his jacket when I get cold. I want him to want me.

"Are you ok?" Hinata's voice popped up next to me

"Y-yeah!" I turned and smiled brightly at him

"Why were you starring at-"

I quickly covered his mouth with both my hands

"Don't worry about it ok? Don't tell anyone either"

I removed my hands and turned around; walking towards the bench where Kiyoko and Daichi stood.

"Hey Y/n!" Tsukishima yelled at me as he walked closer "It seems like your lover boy has finally found someone"

It was always a joke with everyone that me and Kageyama would end up together. I didn't want it to be just a joke.

"Yeah" I gave him a small smile

"A-Are you ok?" He lowered his voice

My vision was quickly blurred as tears streamed down my face

"Never better" I wiped my tears away quickly and smiled brightly

"Y/n-" Kiyoko turned to me

"I'm ok, I promise" I told everyone who was now crowding me

Tears still poured down my cheeks, there was no way I could stop.

"You don't-" Nishinoya began

"I'm ok!" I chocked out "I need to get home"

I quickly put my weight on my left heal and turned around. I was only about a foot away from the door when I say Kageyama's lips on hers. I stopped in place and watched them for a second before I looked back towards the door.

"You don't think she-" A voice spoke behind me

"Yeah.." Another answered

I quickly ran down the couple of steps that laid in front of the front door. My legs started to move faster once I was on the grass. My navy blue skirt rose up just a bit as I moved beside the school.

I stopped running after what felt forever. My throat was dry and my lungs hurt as I breathed through my open mouth. The cold air flew between my pink chapped lips as tears pooled down my face. I fell to my knees in the middle of the side walk and cupped my face with my sweaty hands. Loud sobs left my lips as the flashbacks started to race around in my brain.

Tobio's hands were on her waist and cheek while her hands were pressed against his chest.

"Why?!" I sobbed

Her beautiful blonde hair laid softly on her shoulders. She's like another Kiyoko, beautiful. Anyone would be happy to have her in their arms.

"Why can't I be her?" I whimpered "I just wanna be like her"

My cheeks burnt at the touch, they were a dark shade of pink- almost red.

"I- I love you" I mumbled

Aimi has flowy blond hair, brown eyes that looks like pools of honey in the sun light. She always has a fresh coat of white nail polish on her hands. Her long lashes, that stood up on their own, made her eyes pop. Her warm smile brightens everyone's day.

"Y/n.." A familiar voice spoke behind me

I turned around and looked up at the boy with tears in my eyes. His bright orange hair draped over his forehead.

"I-I" I choked out

He sat down on his knees and wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me close.

"I love him" I whispered

Hinata staid silent as he rubbed my back. My ear was against his chest, I could hear his slow steady heart beat.

"I'm sorry" Hinata mumbled

"I wish I was like her" I whispered into his shirt

"You're perfect the way you are Y/n, don't say you were like someone else. Aimi has flaws too, she's not all perfect" Hinata spoke

I shut my mouth and wrapped my arms around his torso. We sat there for what felt forever in silence.

"Thank you" I mumbled once I had calmed down

"Any time"