Tobio Kageyama ☁️☔️

Warnings: Swearing

_""Non binary reader""_

<~Based in late 1930's - early 1940's~>
+^*WWII*^+

"I'm leaving tonight Doll" Tobio softly spoke.

The Raven haired man stood in front of me. His soft, warm hands held my smaller ones. My house stood in the background, behind me.

"You- you can't" I looked up into his blue orbs.

Tears trickled down my blushed pink cheeks. The moons bright glow shines down on our figures, lighting them up.

"I'm sorry" He whispered.

"The army?" I shook my head "You could die Tobio-"

"I know" Tobio had cut me off mid sentence.

"How long?" I lowered my head and stared at our feet "How long are you going to be gone?

"I'm not sure, at least nine months" His sweet voice spoke.

I squeezed his hands in mine as more tears fell down my cheeks. Kageyama softly pulled me into his chest and held me in his arms.

"I'll wait" I spoke up between sobs "I'll wait for you"

"I promise I'll be back before you know it" Tobio told me.

I wrapped my arms around his black leather jacket and held him closer.

"You better...."

"I've got you something"

I looked up as Tobio pulled something out of his pocket. It was a small dark blue box with a red ribbon on it.

"Open it up" Tobio told me.

He handed me the box; I fumbled with the ribbon as I slowly pulled it off. My eyes widened once I opened the box. I'm front of my eyes laid a beautiful silver necklace with a heart locket.

"I had my picture put in there. So you'll always have a part of me"

I looked up at him and smiled. My tears of sadness shifted over to tears of happiness.

"Thank you" I softly spoke.

^*{~Five years later~}*^

Beautiful white snow fell upon my head as I stood in my walkway.

"[Your Name] you're going to catch a cold, come inside" My mother's voice spoke out.

"I'll be in soon mama" I called out to her as I watched the empty street. "Just five more minutes"

I could hear my mother's sigh from the doorway as she turned around and shut the front door. I wrapped my arms around my chest as I held the silver locket, Tobio has given me five years ago, in my right hand. The cool air brushed past me as I shivered. The pajamas I had on didn't do much to keep me warm.

"Tobio..." I whispered as white smoke left my lips "When are you coming back to me..?"

I lowered my head as tears rushed to my eyes. I bit my bottom lip in an attempt to conceal my whimpers. I lifted my head back up to the sky and looked at the moon.

"The war is supposed to be over Tobio. I've waited so long for you, did you wait for me too?" I softly spoke to myself, asking questions I couldn't answer myself.

Bright head lights from a car brought my attention to the street. The yellow paint on the small car helped me realize it was a taxi.

I watched as a figure stepped out of the car with a bag slung over their shoulder. It wasn't until the person stepped closer to me that I realized they were wearing an army uniform.

"I'm sorry that I'm late Doll" The familiar voice spoke.

My eyes widened as tears filled them. My mouth was open ajar as I stared at the male.

"Tobio..?" I asked just above a whisper.

"Yeah Doll, it's me"

He stood only ten feet away from me. My heart thumped rapidly in my chest. My arms dropped to my sides as I took a small step forwards. I bit my bottom lip harder and ran towards him. I jumped into his arms as he dropped his bag into the snow.

"Don't leave me!" I cried "Please don't leave me again!"

I buried my head into his shoulder as he held me up.

"I won't" He mumbled. "I won't ever leave you again"