Ryunosuke Tanaka ☔️

Warnings: Swearing

I sat on my freshly made bed with tears in my hazel eyes. I cliched my uniform shirt with my right hand. The cloth at my chest as pinched between my shaky fingers.

Ī hätę ÿøû

I closed my eyes.

Ī hätę ÿøû

I could feel my heart start to shatter in my chest. The words that fell off of Tanaka's tongue continued to puncture my heart.

"I'm sorry" I gasped for air "I tried!"

Salty tears poured out of my eyes as I sobbed. My mouth hung open as I tried to breath. I fell to my left side and curled my legs to my chest. The memories flooded into my mind like a tsunami.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered "I'm so sorry"

*Earlier that day*

A large toothy smile was plastered on my lips as I quickly walked down the school halls. The bell had rung a few moments ago signaling that it was time for after school clubs. My black skirt grazed against my thighs. Excitement filled my body once I saw Tanaka walk into the gym. My legs moved faster towards the boys gym.

"Tanaka-" I began once I stepped through the gym doors.

I stopped once I saw Tanaka talking to Kiyoko. His brown eyes lit up and he looked so happy to be talking to her. My smile quickly faded as jealousy struck me hard in the chest. I swallowed the large lump in my throat as I place a fake smile upon my lips.

"Ryunosuke!" I called out running towards him.

He turned around and locked eyes with mine. His smile faded immediately and an annoyed expression covered his face.

"I got a 100 on my-" I began.

"I was talking to Kiyoko" Tanaka quickly blurted once I stopped in front of him.

"Oh- I uh- I'm sorry I was just excited" I mumbled.

"It's okay Y/n" Kiyoko turned to me.

"No it's not!" Tanaka quickly snapped "You can't just interrupt someone!"

"Tanaka it's okay" Kiyoko spoke again.

"Ryunosuke-" I began.

"Stop calling me that! Fuck can't you understand I hate you!"

My boyfriend's words stabbed into my chest at lightning speed. The pain rushed throughout my whole body making me feel nothing but sadness.

"You don't mean that" I quietly mumbled in disbelief.

"I do" Tanaka firmly spoke.

"Tanaka that was extremely rude" Kiyoko's eyes widened, she was shocked at how the volleyball player was acting.

I stared up at the second year with glossed over eyes. My heart was shattering in my chest, the broken pieces stabbing into my gut.

"I'm sorry.." I choked out.

I turned around as tears escaped my eyes and flowed down my cheeks like a tsunami. The other boys in the gym just watched in shock as I made my way towards the door without looking back. Just before I stepped out of the gym I turned to the court and bowed, my hair covered my pink tinted cheeks and the embarrassment that covered my features. 

"I'm sorry for interrupting practice" I tried to keep my voice steady but a small voice crack found it's way out of my sore throat.

I turned back around and calmly walked away from the gym. I could hear Sugawara and Daichi scolding Tanaka already.

*Present time*

I didn't get out of bed for the rest of the day. My parents had been at work until 6 and then went out on a date right after they got out of work, leaving me alone with my loud thoughts. The silent house was so extremely loud in my head.

A loud knock at the door filled my ears, pulling me out of bed. I slowly made my way down the creaky stairs. I wasn't expecting anyone and I didn't want to talk to any one either. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on the metal door knob before pulling it open and opening my eyes.

"Kiyoko?" I furrowed my eyebrows "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to apologize, I never wanted to get between you and Tanaka" She spoke.

"Don't be sorry" I looked away "It's not your fault"

"It feels as if it is. You see, Tanaka has always had a stupid crush on me even though I've always turned him down. When he met you he stopped bothering me and I was so happy he had found someone. Then, he started talking to be like he used to again. I should have told you sooner, I am so sorry"

"Kiyoko- It's not your fault" I looked over at her "Please don't blame yourself"

"It's just-" She began.

"I know you came here to make me feel better" I cut her off "But please leave"

She looked down at her feet as she slightly nodded her head. Her beautiful black silk hair bounced up and down. How could I ever compete with her? She was a supermodel. 

"I'm sorry"

She turned around and left the property. I closed to door behind her, and again I was left alone with my pounding thoughts.

I craved for someone to comfort me but at the same time I wan't to be as far away it is humanly possible from any living being. 

I don't hate you. I hate the idea of loving you.