Yu Nishinoya ☔

I lifted him up when he was down, restored his confidence when he had none left. I only wanted the same in return. I never asked for anything special or expensive. I just wanted him to only want me. The pain in my chest has felt numb for months now, I haven't really cried over him. Did I really love him? Or does it just hurt so much I can't fully fathom it.

'I didn't actually cheat on you' the words piercing my brain like needles.

I clutched my book bag as I walked down the hill from school towards Sakanoshita Market. Once I made it to the front doors I slipped one open, closing it softly behind me.

"Hello Y/n" The woman behind the counter kindly greeted me. "I thought practice was still going on."

I gulped, swallowing the words I wanted so desperately to let out.

"Oh, yeah it is. Ukai Sensei said I could leave early; they didn't need extra help today." I lied through my sweet, fake, smile.

"Well, it's always good to have a day off" She sent me a toothy smile.

"I agree, excuse me I have to just grab a few things for dinner. My mother is waiting for me to return home."

"Of course." She nodded.

I slipped down the short aisle and looked for the specific soy sauce my mom was looking for. It took a little longer than expected but I was able to find everything my mom had asked me to grab. I walked to the counter and placed all of the items down. I pulled out my coin purse that I held my cash in as she rung the items up.

"That will be $20.49."

I handed her the cash as the bell above the door chimed. I slightly jumped as I heard a group of boys a few feet away about to enter the store.

"Y/n!" Coach Ukai's voice rung in my ears. "I haven't seen you in a bit since you quit the club, how have you been?"

I looked up to Ukai's mother who was behind the counter, she gave me a sad look as she handed me my groceries. I turned to Ukai and smiled.

"Hi Ukai Sensei, I've been good."

I glanced behind him to see the volleyball club walking in behind him. I held my breath for a second as I watched as Nishinoya walked in with the group. I quickly looked back to Ukai.

"I'm sorry, excuse me. I have to hurry home." I bowed to him before quickly walking past them all, not giving anyone a second to say anything else.

"I thought she was still in the club?" I heard Ukai's mother speak before the door closed behind me.

I started to speed walk away from the store, in a hurry to get away from all the eyes.

"Y/n!"

My stomach sank to my stomach as I heard his voice, but I kept moving quickly away from him.

"Y/n wait!" Yu continued.

I felt his hand on my right arm, making me stop in place. I kept my back towards the boy and shut my eyes so no tears could slip away.

"Y/n why have you been ignoring me?"

I opened my eyes and let out a small breath through my lips. I turned around to face the boy. Once my eyes met with his, my heart skipped a beat.

"Noya-" I began but my throat quickly got dry. "I don't understand..."

"What? What don't you understand?" His eyes slightly squinted as his eyebrows furrowed.

"How do you not see how much you hurt me, Yu? You cheated on me, and no you may not have physically done anything with any other girl, but you flirted and complimented other girls. That is emotionally cheating Yu." I shook my head as I watched his expression change into looking defensive. "If I had done that to you, you'd be hurt too."

"So you break up with me? And just ignore me?"

"I am absolutely baffled at how you think you're in the right. I deserve someone who would never do that to me. And you are not the one."

I quickly twisted away from him and continued walking.

"Y/n!" He called after me.

I simply lifted up my free arm and stuck up my middle finger as I continued walking away.