twenty-nine

Thursday, March 26th, 2020. 

Stefania's POV

I walk back into the garage with fresh cold water for Danielle. I walk in and she is on the ground doing situps. I sit on the stairs and take a sip of her water while I watch her. Danielle stands up and turns around to me wiping her sweaty face. I stand up and hand her the cold water. 

"Thank you," she takes the water and drinks it all. I kiss her and pull on her towel from around her neck. 

"Go get a shower, you smell bad," I put my hand over my nose to mess with her. She throws a playful glare at me and I see in her eyes she's about to do something. 

I quickly run out of the room with her on my heels. She catches up to me quickly hugging me. "Stop, you smell bad," I whine while wiggling from her grasp glaring at her. 

"You could join me," she throws a smirk up at me. 

"I'm good," I smile and walk over to the couch. 

"Fine, I'll remember this," she points her fingers from her eyes to mine. I smile and watch her walk from the living room to her bedroom. I open my phone to my settings and I change my background to a picture of me on Danielle's back. I smile at the picture and hear Danielle walk out of her room and back to the living room. 

"Last chance," she has a smile on her face when I turn around. 

"Go," I wave my hand and she walks around to my side of the couch. 

"Are you sure?" she whispers in my ear. 

"Go get a shower!" I push her arm to encourage her to go to the other room. 

"Fine," she leans down to kiss me and walks away. 

I turn on the tv and head to her bedroom to grab some clothes. I hear the shower turn on from her bedroom and I quickly change into one of Danielle's shirts and some shorts I found at the bottom of her dresser. 

I grab my phone and walk past the bathroom on my way to the living room. I grab two drinks from the kitchen and look for her hidden chocolate stash. I finally find it and head back to the living room where Jeff is playing with her toys that Danielle bought her. 

I take a seat on the couch and play on my phone while I hear the door open from the bathroom. I watch Danielle, with a hand full of dirty clothes, walkout from the bathroom to her room. I listen to her footsteps come up to me and she sits on the other side of the couch. 

"Come here," I smile and she just sits there, "come here," I whine and she smiles over at me. I take matters into my own hands and crawl over into her lap. "Be mad at me all you want," I smile and wrap my arms around her. I look up at her smiling while we turn on our show. 

"You know, it's going to be weird when we get to where you are making out with Owen and Arizona right?" she looks down at me. 

"Sounds like fun," I smile, "I get to see you frustrated that I'm making out with other people." I smile and she sends a glare over to me. I rest my head on Danielle's flat stomach and watch the show.

Danielle's POV

I pick up Stefania's sleeping body and carry her to my room. I lift the blankets and Stefania slowly opens her eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you," I lay her down in my bed pulling the blankets up to her neck. 

"It's fine," she yawns and pulls me into bed next to her. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her neck. I look over at the clock before hearing Stefania's light snores. 1:32 am, I lay my head on my pillow behind Stefania's head yawning before slowly falling asleep.

Friday, April 17th, 2020

Danielle's POV

The past few weeks consisted of Stefania and I quarantining apart. The last few weeks have been hell. I buy her groceries and take them to her trying to stay as safe as we can. We have only been together for a few months and the distance is hard. 

I stand 6 feet from Stefania's doorstep waiting for her to get her groceries I'm dropping off. I watch the door open and Stefania putting on her butterfly mask. 

"This is hard," I back up more taking my mask off so we can see each other's face. "It is, but it's better this way," she tries to stay positive. I play with my hands and bite my lip. 

"I wish we could be together," I frown trying to think of all the ideas we could be. 

"Me too, Bella," she says picking up the bags. 

"Text me when you get home?" she asks setting the bags inside. 

"Yeah," I smile and put my mask on I walk over, staying our distance. 

"Why do we need to stay apart?" I ask putting my phone in my pocket. 

"Because we need to stay safe, bella," she puts her mask on stepping closer to me. 

"I hate this," I take my hand out of my pocket. 

"Well, you have to go visit your family in a couple of days, and it's better if we don't accidentally get each other sick," she leans against the doorway. 

"Well, maybe you can come with me," I pause, "We can go get tested and head to Seattle where my parents are quarantining with my sister," I spit out. "And you can meet them for real this time," I try to convenience her. 

"How about you call me later, and we can talk about it," she says and gets off the doorway. 

"Okay, I'll talk to you later," I take off my mask and blow her a kiss. "Bye," I walk over to my car and back out of her driveway heading back to my house.