seventy-eight.

Tuesday, January 12th, 2021

Danielle jolted to the sound of her baby crying in her girlfriend's arms as she bounced with the baby, trying to calm her but nothing was working. "Gioia, please be quiet, Mommy is trying to sleep," Stefania spoke before turning around to see her wide awake.

"I'm sorry," The woman apologized as she looked around the empty hospital room, still bouncing the little girl in her arms. "Nothing is working, I think she is hungry," The brunette spoke, turning her head to the side as she looked down at the little girl.

"Mhm," Danielle mumbled as she stuck her hands out, reaching for her little girl.

"My boobs are useless to her," Stefania smiled as she gave her the child and went towards the door to shut it, closing the blinds while she was at it.

"Luckily for her, mine aren't," She smiled softly while watching Stefania shut the blinds. "Can you undo the back of my gown?"

The Italian did as she was told, moving one side of the gown to the other side so she could breastfeed.

"I'm so hungry," The blonde spoke as she looked around the room for her leftover lunch from earlier. "What happened to my food?"

"I ate it," Stefania turned her head as she looked out the window. "I'll get you something, don't worry. What do you want?"

"Cheesy fries," She smiled as she felt the girl attach to her nipple, already going to town as she ate.

"Ugh, that sounds really good," The brunette moaned, she quickly pulled out her phone to have Gio bring them food. She asked him to get three servings of cheesy fries even though it was nearly 9 PM she didn't really care.

"When was the last time she ate?" Danielle asked, pulling out her phone to do something other than watch her child breastfeed. 

"Around 5, I think, it makes sense why she is so hungry," The brunette looked back down at her phone with a response from her brother saying he was going to get them so she wouldn't have to leave them.

"Look how perfect she is," The younger woman smiled, turning her attention to her girlfriend that was putting her phone back into her pocket.

"Very," she smiled brightly while sitting on the edge of the bed. "Gio said she finished putting together the rest of the baby stuff and he cleaned up the nursery. 

"Tell him, I love him and that he is my favorite person in this entire world," She smiled softly when she felt the little girl let go of her breast to show she had been finished eating and ready to be burped. 

"Rude," She smiled as she took the little girl from her arms to burp her. "Ah, you are such a big girl," She bounced the baby while putting a rag over her shoulder before patting her back.

***

"Ugh, I love you," Danielle smiled as she took the brown bag from her best friend's hands

"I love you too," The man responded with a smile as he peeked over the crib at the little girl. "Hi, Gioia," He spoke in a high-pitched voice.

"That is scary," The blonde whispered to her girlfriend as she pulled out the cheesy fries.

"Very," Stefania leaned her head against her girlfriends as the two of them watched him interact with the baby.

"Okay, Uncle Gio needs to go. Be good for your mommies," He smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead before returning around to the two girls shoving cheesy fries down their throats and laughing quietly.