thirteen.

Sunday, February 23rd, 2020

Danielle's POV

-hour 1-

I watch as Stefania pulls out of the driveway looking back at Jeff who is laying down in the backseat with a toy in her mouth. I face back to the front looking at Stefania. She briefly looks over to me as we pull onto the highway and she grabs my hand. 

I set our hands in my lap, "Thank you," I say kissing the back of her hand. 

"For what, bella," she says looking over at me. 

"For taking me to see my sister," I say putting my other hand on top of hers. 

"Anything for you, bella," she smiles and focuses back on the road. I turn on the radio softly and we listen to music.

-hour 2-

I look at the clock and it's 7:30 pm. I watch Stefania switch into the fast lane to pass someone. Jeff moves from the backseat to my lap and then down to the floorboard in front of me. 

"Jeff moves a lot on the road," she laughs squeezing my hand. 

"I'm going to stop at the rest stop up here to use the restroom," she says, "Can you take Jeff out to the grass?" she asks me interlocking our fingers together. 

"Yes," I smile, "Where's her leash?" I ask looking over from the dog to Stefania. 

"It should be in the back," she turns into the rest stop parking lot. She pulled into the parking spot and looks over at me. "I'll be back," she kisses the back of my hand and gets out of the car. shortly after I get out of the car and look around for the leash that is nowhere to be found. 

I stand up and feel two arms around my waist, "There are people around," I say looking at the two parked cars across the parking lot. 

"So," she says turning me around with a leash in her hand. "It's from the trunk," she continues. I smile and she hands it to me. I latch it to Jeff's collar and we walk her around the grass area. I look over at Stefania and she smiles at me before her phone starts to ring.

Stefania's POV

(this part is going to be here speaking in Italian but it's going to be written in English) "Hi dad," I smile. 

"Hi, baby girl! Gio said you had an emergency and you are on the road," she says. 

"Yes, papa, my friend's sister is in the hospital. I'm driving her up there," I smile looking back at Danielle. 

"Okay, you drive safe," he says and hangs up. Danielle walks towards me with Jeff. 

"All done?" I asked walking back to the car. 

"Yup," she says running to the car with Jeff trying to tire her out. Jeff jumps in the car and Danielle takes the leash off of her, putting it in the glovebox. She turns towards me and gets in the passenger's seat. 

I watch her take her phone out and I get in the car. She posts a picture of the bridge we crossed earlier on Instagram making sure there was no reflection or signs we are with each other. I look over at her and pull out of the parking spot and back onto the highway. 

I turn the radio on and we sing along. I mostly listen to her voice more than anything. I turn on cruise control and grab her hand, setting our hands on the console. I look at Jeff through the mirror and she is passed out. We continue our adventure with music.

Monday, February 24th, 2020.

-hour 5|12:30 am-

"Just go to sleep, bella!" I laugh tangling our fingers together.