♛15♛

Her bloody hands were reaching for him, and in the final seconds of being taken away, the desperate woman let out a wail, screaming out her sons name.

Finally, she went limp in Dream's arms, fisting his lime hoodie and letting out mournful cries. The man gently rubbed her back in attempts to comfort her well knowing this was all his fault. He didn't have to fire the arrow, but part of him wanted to see the boy fall in submission, causing the rest of the nation to do the same. He gently set her down under a blooming tree, white flowers falling onto the pair occasionally. Dream sat in front of her, taking her stained hands into his. It hurt to see her sobbing her heart out, her face was puffy and red, the normally elegant woman had snot falling down from her nose. 

"He'll come back."He reassured,"Just like you did, and just as I have done."He spoke softly, hoping not to make her cry more. She nodded with a newfound scowl on her face.

"I know that."She snapped, tears still rushing down her face,"He is a child. He shouldn't have to go through death alone, Dream. He didn't do anything wrong. He died in my arms, and I couldn't do anything to help him."She pulled her hands away roughly, trying to wipe her eyes which only made them more irritated.  The congealing blood left stains on her face.

"I want to go back to him once I've calmed down,"She finally spoke again, moving to get comfortable against the tree with a sigh. Cypress knew she couldn't go see him in a state like this, but she wouldn't be leaving the boy in a coma by himself. When she had died, apparently, she woke up weak and barely functioning. The boys didn't do a very good job of taking care of her body. She planned on at least keeping the 16 year old boy company, as well as making sure he wasn't drained or as weak when he finally woke up.

After a few moments and deep breaths, she had stopped crying. Of course she wanted to continue crying her heart out, but the wound on Tommy's chest would need to be fixed properly in order to heal. Cypress wasn't exactly sure how the whole lives thing worked, but you got three or so chances. Everytime you died, you would keep the flesh wounds until you were revived. The heart wouldn't beat, but it functioned as it normally would. Almost every organ would stop for around three to seven days, minus a few. She hadn't even realized she had died, she was lucky not to remember. You feel weird when you die, it's just all numb, sometimes warm or cold, but it hurts no matter what. When you come back, you have two more lives, and once those are used up you don't come back. The person fades into dust and ash, and that's the end of it.

Cypress shivered, before slowly walking back to the bridge, Dream following her. Wilbur was carrying his right hand man's body, looking just as heart broken as she. When she approached her President, Sapnap came and checked up on her quickly, making sure she was okay before gripping Dream by the ear, and dragging the whining man away. Cypress gently ran her fingers through the dead boy's hand, walking with the rest of L'Manberg back to their ruined base. Parts of the sides were still intact, so Fundy and Cypress scavenged for whatever materials they could muster.

It wasn't much, but they constructed two hay beds with thick blankets covering it for the youngest of the group, the adults decided they would sleep on the ground with their jackets for pillows. It was almost midnight. Her bed was set up near Tommy's, she refused to move anywhere else. The rest of the group had a seperate area, they had to explain to Tubbo what had happened, causing the boy to go into a form of shock. They then decided it wouldn't be the best idea for him to sleep next to his friend. A fire was going  near her and Tommy, she was currently propped up, reading a book to him, Mocco curled into her side.

leaving Tommy alone didn't seem humane, she had wiped down as much skin as she could get to. Cypress didn't feel comfortable taking his clothes off, so Wilbur and Fundy had just taken his jacket a shirt off, leaving him in his pants. She was thankful for that much. Her voice echoed through the camp, reaching Tubbo who was the furthest out from the boys camp. The brunett found comfort in the older woman's words, and that lulled him to sleep as peacefully as his working mind would let.

Cypress was reading a bound book titled Orpheus and Eurydice, which was the story of a couple, madly in love, Eurydice had stepped on a poisonous snake, sending her to the underworld with Hades. Orpheus, being in love, had chased her down and begged for Hades to release her. Persephone had convinced her husband to release his lover after Orpheus had played a song, Hades agreed, giving the one condition that he could not look behind him, or else Eurydice would belong to him, and remain in the underworld. Orpheus had ended up looking behind him and lost the love of his life, only finding his own release in his death when he was murdered by the followers of Dionysus. 

The woman decided to leave Eurydice being stuck in the underworld and Orpheus being murdered for the sake of the mood. It wasn't the prettiest tale, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. She took Tommy's limp hand in her own, giving it three squeezes before kissing his temple again. She stood up, walking a bit aways to Tubbo's bed, kissing him on the forehead as well before whispering a goodnight. She sat back where she was, leaning on the hay, looking up into the somewhat clear sky.

 It was there she vowed to the endless skies to always be there for the two boys, through thick and thin. No matter what the cost was.

―――――――――――

Hello! Thank you guys so much for all of the support/views/votes! It means so much to me knowing people are enjoying this. Reading the comments makes me so happy. I hope you all had a nice day, thank you again! :D