dabi/touya - platonic

---

note - dabi doesn't like being left behind

word count is 1122

---

"i need to take a piss." dabi said, hand going up to scratch his neck before he stopped and shoved it in his pants pocket. both hands balling up into fists as y/n hummed.

she was looking over the grocery list she'd made earlier that week, they stood in the aisle of cans and jars of various foods nearly ready for the eating. "do you want me to fucking walk you to the bathrooms?" she hissed, sending a fake smile up to her lanky league member. "i can hold your hand if you're too scared to find them yourself." she offered, only getting a scoff as dabi looked around.

"you know this fucking hell hole better than i do, bitch." he mumbled as a woman and her son walked by, the boy was excitedly pointing up to the signs and reading off the words. "kids are annoying.".

a sharp slap to his side, just above where his staples hold him together caused a glare to be sent in y/n's direction. she too was watching the mother and son but with an almost dreamy and wishful expression. dabi groaned as they turned the corner to the next aisle over.

"ok, come on. follow me and don't get lost, dip shit." she said, happily pushing the cart towards what dabi assumed were the bathrooms.

"you're fucking bipolar." he hissed with a roll of his eyes as he followed after the less-then-offended woman.

they made it to the restrooms as y/n browsed the shelves on the way, dabi telling her to hurry up so he didn't shit himself.

they made it, dabi sarcastically thanking y/n before rushing into the men's restrooms.

when the woman was finally left alone, her phone went off as she was bombarded with texts from toga. y/n's eyes went wide as her two arguably favorite members, toga and twice, were in trouble.

apparently, some rude ass woman told twice to take his mask off, she told him he looked like he was gonna rob the place. and like yeah, they are but still that's fucking rude.

but anyways, toga told the woman no for short but then the civilian woman got an employee involved who apologized before confiscating the mask, telling the two they could have it back when they leave.

y/n texted them back that she'll be right there with a motorcycle helmet and to just hold tight. maybe wrap twice's head in a shirt or something if he's wearing a jacket use that until she's there.

so, without telling dabi of her whereabouts, she left. pushing the cart away and off to where she knew the helmets were.

cut to dabi in the bathroom. he sat in a stall, the chatter of a little boy talking his old man's ear off as he bounced around the room.

"ok little man," the father said, "let's wash our hands alright. then we can get back to mommy.". he talked to his son in a soft voice, eyes no doubt straining to keep up with the little devil.

though suddenly, with a much less soft and gentle tone, the man scolded the boy. dabi glanced at the door to his stall, making eye contact with the little boy as he sat mid crawl under the door.

dabi walked out the door to the bathrooms, making a promise to himself to never use public restrooms again.

"that was fucking horrific." he grumbled under his breath, eyes rolling before squinting as he hurriedly looked around.

heart dropping rapidly as his search for y/n was fruitless.

two older women glanced over at him before rushing to the entrance. a child could be heard screaming. he felt lost.

back over to y/n, she's currently shoving a biker helmet onto twice's head. "there you go, buddy." she said, patting the top and smiling up at the now much less crazed man.

"hey, y/n," toga started, getting said woman to turn to the young blonde.

"yeah, toga?" she asked.

"where's dabi? weren't you two supposed to get everything before spinner signals for kurogiri to let everyone loose?" the older teen asked, head tilted to the side cutely as she looked up to y/n.

the older lady hummed and nodded, "dabi can take care of himself..." she turned and squinted her eyes, feet picking up speed as she walked back to the bathrooms. "hopefully." was the last thing the two blonde villains heard before y/n was completely out of sight.

"i get such mom vibes from y/n." toga said, watching the back of the woman as she pushed her cart away from them.

dabi felt like one of the many kids he'd seen that day, only lost and without a parent.

he sat on a bench close to the bathrooms, hand holding on tight to each other as he sat alone.

he's not a little kid, he can't just go up to one of the employees and tell them he lost his... league member? what would he even call y/n? definitely not his friend.

as the volume of the room increased, dabi's panic rised as he looked down at the tile floor, eyes tracing the lines like he would when he was a kid.

a short flash of a memory flooded into the black haired man's mind, a little kid with red hair tugging on a store employees uniform, cheeks streaked with tears as he babbled about how he lost his mother.

dabi shook his head, hands resist the urge to tug on his hair.

another image flashed in his mind, a woman running up to said little boy, scooping him up in her arms as she apologized for leaving him at the bathrooms.

"dabi," y/n called, the sound of her cart rattling as she pushed it over to him. "you alright, kid?" she asked, deep down inside she wanted to place a hand on his shoulder but knew he probably wouldn't appreciate such an action.

dabi scoffed and bushed the woman off, shrugging as he stood, eyes never meeting hers. "why wouldn't i be?" he asked sarcastically, the words rushed in a way that caught y/n's attention.

she shrugged, making sure he was following as she began to walk away from the restrooms. "dunno, i guess i'm just worried after having to help twice out." she would have apologized if it weren't for the overwhelming sense that dabi wouldn't like that.

"i'm not one of your kids, the league acts like you're their mom or something." he scoffed and looked away, eyes unconsciously falling on a mother and son duo.

:)