dabi

notes: in the first draft of this the y/n was hawks' sister so if having blonde hair is mentioned... just go with it

warning: hints at sex

word count: 811

:)

the feeling of a heavy hand resting on her stomach was the first thing she noticed, the next was the dark room she had normalized long ago when she was first given a room.

she looked over, seeing dabi exhaling heavy due to the shit he clouds his lungs with.

she turned over, getting out of bed and leaving behind the man she'd been getting to know last night. a head of blonde hair entered the bar, another blonde was rubbing her eyes while twice bid y/n a good morning.

"hello, guys." she greeted, the heavy smell of liquor and vodka from the night before still stuck to the wood that she could hear creaking all night.

"sleep well? wow, not even a good morning back?" twice asked, the room ignored his second voice. they'd realized it doesn't talk as much if they don't acknowledge it speaking, meaning twice can have some sort of peace of mind.

"i slept pretty good, what about you, man?" she asked, sitting down and getting a plate put in front of her. she listened as twice talked, nudged toga when she started to drift off, and thanked kurogiri for the meal before offering help only to be denied politely as always.

shigaraki came in soon after, sitting a seat away from y/n as he scratched his neck. twice was now talking to spinner who was sitting at the couch, toga got up and walked over to the two boys while y/n sat in a peaceful silence with her boss.

but soon, dabi came in. loud yawn welcomed by everyone but shigaraki who was sipping on a drink kurogiri had made him. dabi sat next to y/n, eyeing her plate before looking to kurogiri who was already making him a plate.

"any plans today or too early of you, chapstick?" he asked, talking to shigaraki as if his lover wasn't between them.

"fuck off." was all he got, earning a scoff from y/n.

dabi turned to her as his plate was set down, feeling a argument begin to stir kurogiri didn't walk away. "what?" dabi asked, getting a look from y/n that made him glare at her. "what, done letting me fuck you so you got a thing for the boss?" he asked, getting a cold hard stare from the girl label as his girlfriend.

"the fuck is wrong with you?" she asked, pushing her plate away and turning to her boyfriend.

kurogiri tried to interject but dabi cut him off, "you two-"

"shut it, y/n-"

"did you just tell kurogiri to shut it?" y/n was now standing, ready to beat the guy she'd rode the night before like her life depended on it. "why are you so fucking pressed today?" she asked, head rising as he stood.

they looked like they were going to fight, both verbally and physically. and honestly it wouldn't be the first time.

"says the one that's getting defensive about handyman." dabi argued back, smirking down at the girl like he was enjoying making her get progressively more angry.

"honestly, i bet you're just jealous  because that and a sick fucking sadistic joy are the only feelings you're small ass brain came comprehend." the room was now silent other than the buzzing tension between the couple.

toga was watching the two while twice and spinner shared looks with compress who had just walked in.

"you two alright?" compress asked, always a gentleman.

"i would be if this bitch wasn't flowing." dabi smirked down at y/n who was glaring daggers in his eyes. she acted almost on instinct, forcefully grabbing his shoulders and ramming her knee up.

he doubled over, the sound of shigaraki snickering and the others gasping and or cheering was nearly tuned out for them both. dabi clutched her sides as her hands fond his head and attempted to slam it down on the bar top.

but instead of a slam she saw a dark purple mist and a portal.

"y/n," kurogiri started, yellow eyes watching as dabi tried to push the girl away and off of him. she was silent, head hanging like a child in trouble. "you kicked him, i think that's enough."

"he told you to shut it, kurogiri." she said, glancing up to him only to see yellow looking back at her.

"you got your revenge, now let go." he said, they were both still much like the air of the room.

eventually y/n sighed, letting go and sitting back down. dabi stepped back as he glared at y/n, dusting himself off before turning and shoving past compress to leave the room.

:)