todoroki family

notes - the todoroki fam but unus annus

word count - 610

---

y/n and natsuo stood in the family kitchen preparing to make dinner, while natsuo was grabbing veggies from the fridge y/n paused at the counters.

"what?" natsuo asked his little sister, getting a confused expression from the girl as she turned to him.

"We need to cook the meat on one of those... skriddles, right?" she asked, biting her lip when natsuo looked at her dumbfounded.

"a what?" he asked, getting a nervous chuckle from the shorter girl.

"a skittle?" she offered, natsuo placed the vegetables on the counter and leaned on it while shaking his head.

"no you were right, a skriddle." he said jokingly, y/n chuckled again before speaking.

"griddle! wait, skimmer?" she asked, looking at natsuo for help but he only shook his head and hummed. "skki skkkk skiii." she tried to sound out the word she was looking for but that didn't seem to help much.

"this is painful." her brother spoke up, a small smile on his face as she sighed and continued to try.

"a ski. a skri. a skriddle. a skim? a skewer-  a skimb a skibble? no, what is it?" she asked, ready to give up but natsuo just stood there watching her.

she was waiting for him to help her and when he lifted one hand to scratch his jaw she took that as a sign. "a scratcher?" was what she asked, getting a light chuckle from the white haired boy.

"no this isn't a hint!" he said, smile spreading as y/n groaned in defeat.

"oh!" she suddenly shouted, "a skittle!" they both stood there for a second before she deflated, "wait."

---

"how long, how long?" shoto asked as he placed a plate of hot dogs in the microwave.

y/n shrugged before turning around to watch the boy. "start with a minute and go from there, man." she said, watching him press the three instead of one.

"let's start with three minutes." he said quietly, finger hovering over the start button before he turned to his sister, "wait, doesn't it say on the package how long to cook hot dogs?"

"it doesn't say how long to cook 12!" y/n said, arms flying up as she shrugged and told him again to put them in for one minute.

---

"hold me like a chicken." y/n said as she stood next to fuyumi.

"ok." the older girl chuckled before wrapping her arms around her little sister.

"and the wings." y/n instructed, making fuyumi put her arms in front of her own.

they stood there for a minute before they both started to bounce in place while chanting, "sugar and pepper and a sugar and pepper-"

---

y/n and shoto sat on the ground together, both had cloth covering their hands with small baby hands glued to the tips. cups for stacking were laid in front of them and while y/n was hitting them and making noises shoto watched her.

"du du du da du," y/n sang, plastic baby hands hitting the bottoms of the cups while her baby brother seemed to be concerned, "da di ding ding."

"you're-" shoto started as his sister finished off by turning a bit and aiming to hit his cups, but instead hit his uncovered arm, "owww!" he said in pain, y/n immediately moving to cover where she hit while saying sorry.

---

dabi look up and over to y/n who glared down at him, "i was a villain for two years."

"i was a villain for two years!" she mocked him, rolling her eyes as dabi scoffed.

---