Part One - Chapter Thirteen: Nicola's Birthright

Gasping for breath, Nicola sat up making the four panicking witches look at her shocked that she was alive; Lydia looked at Nicola relieved as the blonde looked around her trying to gather her bearings.

“Nicola? Thank god you’re okay,” Lydia whispered moving forward towards Nicola, she stopped when the blonde glared at her and swallowed knowing that this wasn’t going to be pleasant.

Nicola pushed herself to her shaky feet, her head was still sore and she doubted that would go away anytime soon; she had a lot of new memories rattling around in her head.

Lydia stared at Nicola, there was something different about her coven mate and Lydia didn’t like it; she watched Nicola worried what would happen now.

“I’m done listening to you Lydia… this is the last straw,” Nicola began her throat was sore from being attacked and she wasn’t going to be okay, she wanted nothing to do with the four had attacked her.

Nicola had never wanted to divide the coven but after tonight, she couldn’t see herself remaining in the coven that had tried to kill her.

“I am the decent of the Matthews line, the rightful heir to the Hallows Town coven,” Nicola snapped feeling energy surge through her, she had gone far too long in denying her birth right and the power had been waiting a long time to be awoken.

A flash of lightening illuminated the room making Lydia pale realising what was happening; Nicola was fulfilling her birth right and that meant her time as the coven leader was coming to an end.

Lydia stared at Nicola in shock, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing; the brunette had never expected her to do this since she knew how much Nicola had hated being the leader.

“What’s going on?” Amber asked hurrying into the house followed by Adrian and Marissa, they had felt something change in the air and had come straight home to find out what was going on.

Nicola and Lydia glared at one another, there could not be two active coven leaders and one of them needed to step down; they both knew that this had been a very long time coming and it had to happen.

Ryan orbed into the foyer with the large coven was gathered, he had been sent by the Elders since they didn’t want a fight breaking out; he had been waiting for this day for a long time.

“Step down Lydia, Nicola is the rightful leader,” Ryan ordered doubting that it would make any difference, he wanted to make the transition between leaders as easy as possible.

Nicola rolled her eyes when Lydia started to snap at Ryan, she was tired of all of this; she was going to leave and she was sure that this would end all of it.

Nathan stood beside his sister, he wanted to make sure that Nicola knew that her takeover was never going to happen; she was never going to be seen by them as the real coven leader.

“You can keep the house Lydia, but I’m done with you… anyone who wants to follow me can,” Nicola announced before she walked around the brunette and headed upstairs to pack her things; she didn’t have to guess who would leave with her and she already had a plan forming in her head.

Lydia stood quietly watching Nicola leave, she couldn’t believe what was happening when everything had been going so well; she felt sick as Amber, Adrian and Marissa moved to follow after Nicola knowing that this wasn’t what was meant to happen.

This wasn’t what was meant to happen and Lydia feared what this could mean for the coven, she had worked so hard to make things better for them all. Nicola was a thorn in her side and Lydia could only imagine how bad things would work out now.

***

Fernando stopped his car outside of the house, his brown eyes staring up at it while he tried to wrap his head around what had happened; he remembered everything and wanted nothing more than to make sure Nicola was alright.

It had been a long day and Fernando just wanted to relax a little, he had no idea what was going to happen now between him and Nicola but their past together changed everything.

Sitting for a moment in his car, Fernando frowned when he saw Adrian carrying bags and boxed out of the house; he had a feeling that something big had happened.

Climbing out of his car, Fernando took a deep breath knowing that there was a chance that he could have a run in with Lydia; it wouldn’t end well if he did Marissa smiled at the sight of Fernando as she helped her brother while Amber watched from the porch; she gave the Spaniard a smirk as Nicola stepped out of the house and moved towards him.

“What’s going on?” Fernando asked walking over to her, he was curious and he knew that something big had gone down while he had recovered from his fainting spell.

Nicola smiled at Fernando allowing him to pull her close, they had a long talk ahead of them about what had happened; she cuddled into his side glad that finally she had done the right thing with her life.

“Something that should have happened a while ago…” Nicola replied with a smile, she pressed a kiss to his lips glad that she could finally do that without having to worry about what anyone else thought.

Lydia watched her former coven members from one of the upstairs window’s, she pursed her lips seeing Nicola kiss Fernando and she wondered that everything seemed to be going so well for the blonde.

“We’re all packed,” Adrian announced looking over at Nicola, they hadn’t wanted to leave any of their personal stuff in the old house since they doubted that anything would be safe once they left.

Nicola nodded her head, it had taken them no more than an hour to pack away everything that they had ever owed; they wouldn’t be coming back to the old house again and instead would move into the old council house that lay abandoned on the other side of town.

Fernando looked towards the others, he was sure that there was a lot going on right now but he needed to speak with Nicola privately; they had much to discuss about their past lives as José and Cassandra.

“Time to get out of here,” Amber mused pleased with what was happening, she could only be thankful that she had come home at the right time.

Lydia would have tried to cover up the divide in the coven if they hadn’t come back when they had; she was a control freak and it was a sign that she was only going to get into trouble in the future.

Nicola had explained quietly to Amber while they had been packing about what had happened; it was sickening to think about how the others had decided to attack Nicola like that as punishment.

“Come stay with me…” Fernando murmured softly, he wanted Nicola to stay with him and he wasn’t sure if he would ever be ready to let her go again.

José’s memories of what had happened were still sinking in and Fernando wasn’t sure if he would ever cope with the fact that he had technically lost Nicola once already.

Nicola nodded her head giving him a careful kiss, she could get her things later when they had sorted everything out; she wanted to reassure him that everything was going to be okay.

Amber and Adrian smiled watching Nicola and Fernando, they were happy for their new leader; she deserved to be happy and they didn’t think anything could ever take that from her.

“I’ll see you later,” Nicola called before she followed Fernando to his car, it was going to be a long night.