Part One - Chapter Seven: Helping Those in Need

Amber looked at Nicola as the blonde joined her in the village, she had known that Nicola would send Fernando away and it was for the best right now; the last thing they wanted was exposure.

Nicola smiled at Amber weakly before looking towards the leprechaun; who had asked for their help, she had other matters at hand to deal with right now and she didn’t want to think about what she had just done.

“Hello Seamus,” Nicola greeted making the leprechaun smile at her, he wasn’t sure what they could do to help them; the witches of their coven seemed evil and bent against the will of the Wiccan Rede.

However there was something different about Nicola, Seamus could see it; she was so much more than the others and he didn’t have to guess that destiny had some very big plans for the witch.

“Nicola,” Seamus greeted ignoring the looks from the other leprechauns who glared at the two witches and Seamus for being with them; Amber shifted nervously not liking how they were being looked at.

Lydia’s reign over the coven had led to them being outcast by the magical community, they weren’t warmly welcomed because of how Lydia, Nathan, Daniel and Neena treated the other magical beings.

“So what seems to be the problem?” Nicola asked politely, she knew better than to pick a fight here in the magical realm; after Lydia had stopped them helping others, the realm seemed to turn their backs on the Hallows Town Coven.

“There is this demon… Saleel, who’s killing us leprechauns for our good luck,” Seamus said making Nicola nod; she remembered reading something about him in her family Book of Shadows.

Amber looked at Nicola who nodded, they would have to prepare to fight a demon and it wouldn’t be easy; they hadn’t had any practice with this sort of thing.

“You want us to vanquish him,” Nicola guessed making Seamus nod at her, the two witches looked at each other thoughtfully; they would need to retreat back to the house to prepare and then they could come back and destroy the demon.

Amber shifted looking around, she felt on edge and she had no idea what the two would do when they were face to face with a demon.

“We’ll need one of the Book of Shadows,” Nicola said making Amber nod as she looked back at Seamus and smiled at him; he looked at her warily, he didn’t like the way they were leaving so soon but he knew that they needed to prepare for.

“We’ll have to head back to the house for the book… we shouldn’t be long,” Nicola said making Seamus nod his head, he smiled at her knowing that Nicola could keep her word; she could be trusted more than the other witches of her coven.

The two witches sighed, they knew that it would be awhile before any of the other magical creatures trusted them; Lydia had done everything to stop them asking for help.

Nicola sighed as she smiled at Amber before they both started to leave to head back to the mortal world; the two knew that they had to work hard to correct the damage that had been done.

“So what happened between you and the Spaniard?” Amber asked curiously, she was slowly becoming somewhat of a good friend to Nicola and was curious about what was going on with her and Fernando.

***

Nicola and Amber were soon joined by Marissa and Adrian as they looked through their family Book of Shadows; Nicola sighed as she trailed her finger over the symbol on the front cover.

“Saleel uses constrictor like methods to kill his prey, squeezing the life from them. Although he is extremely elusive, he can be vanquished with a potion,” Marissa said reading about the demon that they were going to face; they knew they wouldn’t be able to make the potion here without the others getting suspicious.