Part One - Chapter Fifteen: Supermarket Attack

Nicola smiled as she walked around the supermarket with Amber, they were currently doing the weekly shopping after a peaceful Christmas; they were surprised at how quiet things had been in the past few weeks.

“How are things with Nando?” Amber asked collecting some bread, she peeked at Nicola knowing that the blonde had been dating him now for two months and things seemed to be working out so well for them.

Nicola smiled thinking of her boyfriend, they were living together since it had proven difficult for them to be apart; they were very much in love and she hoped things stayed that way for them.

Nicola had seen Lydia several times since the coven had split into two and she knew that her rival was far from pleased at the fact that it had lasted; she just hoped that the brunette wasn’t going to do something stupid.

Nicola opened her mouth to reply only to stop and shiver, the hairs on her arms stood on end and she felt cold; she blinked feeling a bit dizzy and wondered what was going on.

“Are you okay?” Amber asked concerned looking at her best friend, she knew that Nicola often had visions and she feared what it could be; things had been so quiet lately that Amber doubted that it would ever last.

Nicola shook her head, she looked around seeing if anyone else had seen what had happened; she could only imagine why she had felt that and she hoped that this wasn’t going to end up a mess.

“Something bad is about to happen,” Nicola murmured quietly, they walked back down the aisle and started to head towards the tills so that they could leave; they needed to gather the coven if something was going to happen so that they could prepare.

“There sure is Nicola, now last chance back down,” Lydia said confidently appearing behind the two, she wasn’t going to let this go and this was Nicola’s final chance to bow down to her.

Lydia crossed her arms, she had no intentions of allowing this divide to continue and Gideon had told her that she had every right to take back the control from Nicola.

“I told you, I’m done with you,” Nicola replied tired of this, she didn’t know who was advising Lydia to continue to push this but she had a feeling that it was Gideon; she didn’t trust the man and she never would.

Nicola had hoped that Lydia would let all of this go, she was happy with Fernando and things were working out for them; she couldn’t see herself ever going back to the time Lydia was her leader.

Lydia never deserved to be the leader of their coven, she had lead them down the wrong path and it was only going to end in tears; something that Nicola had no want to be a part of.

“Very well but what happens now is your own doing,” Lydia said bored, she had expected Nicola to refuse and nodded to Neena who was stood next to her; she was sure that what was the only way that things could to back to normal.

Amber shrugged at Nicola’s confused look before they were knocked backwards into a wall, the two swore as they spotted a demon approaching them; they doubted that this could be a coincidence after their chat with Lydia.

“What the hell is Lydia thinking?” Amber hissed staring at the demon, she couldn’t believe that her former coven leader had gone to a demon; she was going to risk exposing magic to get her own way.

Nicola took a deep breath, she knew what Amber meant and they couldn’t let that happen; it would all end in tears and Nicola had finally started to have a life that she loved.

“She isn’t… let’s led him out of here,” Nicola grumbled annoyed, they couldn’t start a fight in the shop and she knew that they had to act quickly before the demon grew bored and started to act them; it wouldn’t care about exposure only killing the two of them.

Once outside Nicola and Amber looked around quickly making sure that no one could see them, they had to be quick since the empty car park wouldn’t stay that way for long and they had a demon to vanquish.

The demon followed after them calmly, he didn’t care where they fought this battle but he wanted to end it soon; he was being paid and he would then go after the other witches in the town.

Lydia had no idea that he planned to double cross her, the demon couldn’t imagine what kind of witch would be stupid enough to hire a demon to kill another; she would be the last person he killed after murdering all of her coven-mates.

“Clear,” Nicola confirmed looking at Amber, she didn’t know how long it would stay that way but she hoped to destroy the demon and then they would head straight home; shopping was going to have to wait for another time.

The demon smirked at the two witches before him, he had been surprised by the visit from Lydia but she had paid him well to make sure that Nicola wouldn’t be a problem for her ever again; she didn’t even care what he planned for himself.

“There is no escape this time,” the demon hissed there was no way that he could deny himself the chance to take out a Matthews witch; he could only imagine the stories that would be told about him if he succeed.

Nicola snorted in amusement, she had no idea who demons got so cocky but she guessed that he wasn’t a high level one; she could easily vanquish him with Amber’s help.

The demon threw the fireball at the two witches, he wanted to ensure that no one would doubt his kill and he knew that Lydia would never suspect how wrong this could all go for her.

Amber stopped the ball in its tracks as Nicola blew the demon up by throwing it back at him causing him to explode; the witches stood there for a moment before Nicola smiled at Amber relieved that they had vanquished him.

“Let’s get out of here,” Nicola murmured staring at the pile of ash, it was the only sign that anything had happened in the car park.

Amber nodded her head before the two of them rushed over to her car, she had no idea what Lydia would have planned next but they needed to get ready; they couldn’t let her ruin their lives.

Stood across the street from them stood a woman wearing a grey suit and a man holding a news-camera; she stood shocked at what they had just seen happen and she couldn’t believe her luck.

“Tom did you get that?” Samantha Francis asked blinking turning back to her cameraman, she couldn’t believe her luck and she knew that she wouldn’t be doing the fluff-pieces on the news anymore.

Samantha had been working far too long at local news station and she was tired of being walked over by her male colleagues; she now had a chance to be someone big all thanks to what had just happened.

The two watched Nicola and Amber race away in Amber’s car, they had been stood among the trees just out of sight of the car park; they could see the car park perfectly but people on the car park couldn’t see them.

“This is Samantha Francis reporting and I don't know what just happened…” Samantha announced looking back at the camera that was broadcasting live, she could only imagine what everyone was saying right now after that little display; she had to find out more and she wasn’t going to let it go.

Samantha knew how small a town this was and everyone knew each other, it wouldn’t take much to find out who the two women were and where they lived; her mind started racing at the possibilities about what she could do. 

###

Author's Note:

Inspired by Charmed 03x22: All Hell Breaks Loose.