Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Three: Forcibly Moving On

Nicola sighed flipping through the Book of Shadows since her children were with Fernando, the blonde didn't know what to do with herself while she was alone; she missed the children so much. 

No matter what she did her thoughts were always focused on her divorce even after four years, she didn't know how to cope with not being able to see him for the rest of her life. 

"How about we have a girl's only night out tonight?" Amber said as she and Marissa walked into the attic, Nicola looked at her and frowned; she knew what her friends wanted but Nicola didn't want to give up on Fernando yet. 

"It's been four years... maybe it's time to move on," Marissa murmured softly as she approached the blonde, they had exhausted all options that could help them remove Neena's curse of Fernando so that Nicola could be reunited with him. 

Nicola closed her eyes trying to block the pain that she had carried with her since she had lost Fernando, Amber sighed before she nodded at Marissa; they had agreed that in this case it would be helpful to use magic to help Nicola finally move on from Fernando. 

"Listen maybe it's time for you to let go... Neena is never going to willingly remove the curse and you can't hold onto Fernando forever," Amber said distracting Nicola while Marissa used her limited mind control on the blonde, the two hoped that she wouldn't notice that they were misusing their powers. 

"I guess one night out couldn't hurt," Nicola replied making Amber smirk at Marissa after the blonde's blue eyes had flashed gold; they both knew that the moment that Nicola realised they had used their powers on her there would be trouble but the two didn't care if it helped her finally move on. 

 *** 

Nicola sighed as she leant against the bar as she watched her two coven members move about the dance floor; she didn't know whys she had agreed to this, it didn't make her feel any better. 

"I should have stayed at home," Nicola murmured sipping on her drink, she hated clubbing and didn't understand why it was a bad thing that she wanted to hold onto Fernando; he was her soul mate. 

Amber had picked out a hot pink V-neck stud front dress and black lace and diamante strappy sandals for her to wear out, Nicola hadn't wanted to get dressed up and she wasn't even sure why she was agreeing to all of this. 

"A beautiful woman like you're self should never look sad," said a voice making Nicola roll her eyes, she was sick and tired of being hit on however as she turned to tell the man to leave her alone, the words died on her lips. 

Nicola didn't know what happened but she suddenly felt drawn to the man before her like she had been to Fernando when she had first seen him; the feeling unsettled her a little since Fernando had been her soul-mate. 

"I'm sorry, that was cheesy wasn't it, I'm William," the dark haired man said standing in front of Nicola, who stared at him a little taken back; she wasn't entirely sure what to say to him. 

Fernando was her soul mate but whatever this man was he had a strange pull to him that she just couldn't seem to escape; she felt trapped and it worried her a little bit. 

"Nicola," Nicola replied introducing herself as the man pressed a kiss to her hand making her blush as his blue eyes stared up at her; she had a feeling that this was going to change everything. 

William smiled at Nicola, he couldn't believe his luck in meeting someone as beautiful as her; he couldn't imagine a better way to find a woman than this. 

 "You have a beautiful name," William said leaning against the bar next to her, he watched her closely as he studied her for a moment; he didn't know what else to say to her but he could see she was bored. 

Nicola blushed at the way that William was staring at her, it made her feel so special and it reminded her of the way that Fernando used to look at her; she wanted to feel special again after what had happened. 

"Why don't we get out of here... this doesn't look like your sort of place and I'm rather bored myself," William said offering her his hand, Nicola didn't know what made her agree but she guessed that it was related to the fact that he reminded her of Fernando. 

Slowly nodding her head, Nicola collected her handbag and peeked over at Amber and Marissa who were a little distracted; she would send them a text message when she got home to let them know that she was alright. 

William smiled before he slowly started to lead Nicola out of the club, he couldn't believe that he got to spend so much time with someone like her; he held on tightly to her hand not wanting to let her go. 

Nicola was what he had been looking for, he was going to make sure that they enjoyed their little walk back to her home; William was sure that this wasn't going to end badly for them. 

*** 

Nicola laughed softly as she and William walked down the street, it felt great to smile again after so long without having to force it; she had spent so long holding on to the idea of having Fernando with her again. 

Nicola knew that it was never going to be the same, however she didn't see the harm in going out with William; there was just something about him that she liked so much. 

"So maybe I could take you out to dinner?" William said nervously making Nicola look at him and smile as they stopped outside of her home; since she had divorced Fernando things had been so odd. 

Nicola didn't like the fact that she was referred to as his ex-wife, she cursed Neena for what she had done and she knew that there was nothing to be done right now. 

"I would like that," Nicola replied quickly gave him, her phone number; she licked her lips as she offered him one last smile as she headed into the house since it was quite cold out. 

Nicola shut the door behind her wondering if she had done the right thing, for four years she had done nothing but wait for Fernando and now she was moving on; it felt so strange and she couldn't place why she was doing this. 

 William stood there outside Nicola's home for a moment grinning to himself, he couldn't believe that he had gotten to spend the evening with her; she seemed perfect and he knew that everything was going to be just fine. 

William to walk back down the street before he noticed that he was being watched, he paused as a woman in a hood approached him; he had no doubts on who it was and he bowed his head a little. 

"I take it everything went to plan," the woman said making William nod as he looked at her, she owned him and he had little power to disobey her; he knew that she was the reason that he was doing this. 

"Of course, Mistress," William said as the woman lowered her hood and smirked at him as she looked back at Nicola's house; Neena couldn't believe that it was so easy to manipulate the blonde and those around her. 

The little spell that Amber and Marissa had used had been easy to hijack and Neena knew that this was what she had been waiting for; she wasn't going to rest until her job was done. 

"Good... keep to the plan," Neena said grinning at the thought of finally getting her revenge on Nicola and Fernando, neither of them would see what was coming for them.