Part Two - Chapter Four: Preparing to Move

“I can’t believe you’re going,” Amber muttered looking to Nicola as she helped her friend slowly start to pack everything away for the move; it had been a shock to hear that the couple were going to leave.

Nicola nodded her head, it all seemed so unreal and she was a little concerned about what would happen when they got to the city; they were due to make the move in a matter of weeks and it seemed so unreal that she was going to be actually leaving her hometown.

“When does Fernando sign his contract?” Amber asked knowing that it was all so uncertain right now, he might not have been returning to being an actually player but he was going to be working with the backroom staff.

Nicola knew how much this all meant to Fernando, he hadn’t stopped talking about the new job since he had agreed to take it; she had a feeling that he wasn’t being told the entire truth about what was going on but it was going to be something good for him.

“Next week,” Nicola murmured moving to tie her blonde hair out of her eyes, she was going to miss him while he was gone but he would only be gone a couple of days.

Fernando had to go and sign his new contract then go and collect the keys for the new house, the club had been very helpful in finding them a new place to live since they were completely moving to the city away from their small Cheshire town.

“It’s going to be so strange without you,” Amber whispered moving to sit down on the bed, she watched Nicola knowing that it was going to take them time to adjust to the fact that they weren’t going to be living close anymore.

Nicola nibbled on her lip, she had no idea what to expect from their move to Liverpool and she had never been to the city before; she just hoped that she would be able to settle in quickly for the sake of the children.

Nora was excited about the idea of going back to live in Liverpool and had been telling Nicola all about the city; she had been so helpful since the announcement had been made.

***

Fernando grinned cuddling Charlotte close, he pressed a kiss to the top of her head and held her close to him; he wanted their family to be happy in Liverpool and he hoped that it would be an easy move.

The last thing that Fernando wanted was for this to be stressful for his wife and children, the move wouldn’t be easy and it would be a massive change for Nicola; they were going to have to be more careful than they were here with their magic.

“How’s my girl?” Fernando asked looking at Charlotte, she was three months old now and he was pleased that everything seemed to be going so well; he could only imagine what would happen when her powers truly kicked in.

Charlotte babbled making Fernando smile, he kissed the top of his daughter’s head; he held her close knowing that he would do anything for his children.

Nora and Charlotte where everything to him and Fernando wanted them to have the best chances in life; that would only happen if they left Hallows Town behind and moved away.

Fernando had no idea how hard this was going to be when they moved, it would all be so new for Nicola and he knew that he would have to be on his guard for any trouble.

The last thing that the couple needed was to be exposed, they had seen how that played out and Fernando wasn’t going to lose his family; he would sacrifice everything that he had to make sure that nothing happened to them.

“Nando?” Nicola called walking into the nursery, she looked at her husband not surprised to see him in the mostly empty room; she had a feeling that he would be fussing over Charlotte.

Nicola watched Fernando with their daughter, she was surprised how long it had taken them to pack up and they were nearly done; soon everything would be moved into their new home and there would be no coming back.

“It seems so different,” Fernando murmured turning to look at Nicola, he had barely lived in this house for two years and now he was leaving it behind to start afresh.

Fernando wanted things to be good for them and he had no idea how much he was going to miss the small town that had been his home while he got his life back together; he had found Nicola here and he was sure that Hallows Town would always hold a special place in his heart for him.

“It does,” Nicola agreed moving towards him, she smiled looking at Charlotte guessing that the little girl had just woken up from her nap.

Charlotte was such a quiet baby sometimes and Nicola often wondered if that was normal for a child of three months; the doctor said everything was fine and Nicola should count her blessings.

“Are you sure about this?” Fernando asked looking to his life, he would love to work for Liverpool but that didn’t mean that he would want Nicola to be miserable.

There was still time to tell Liverpool that he had changed his mind and he would find something else to do, he had handed in his notice at the gym and he would be finished there within the week.

“I’m more than sure,” Nicola replied shaking her head, she knew that Fernando was worrying about their move; it was such a big move for them and they had so much happening in their lives right now.

Fernando deserved this second chance and Nicola wasn’t going to tell him that she’d had a vision of him playing for Liverpool again; she wanted it to be a surprise for when it actually happened to him.

***

Fernando smiled listening to Nora talk as he settled her down for bed, he was glad that he’d talked with Nicola even if he was still tense about the move to Liverpool; it made him so nervous to be going back.

“Papa… will we be seeing mama again?” Nora asked staring up at her father with big eyes, she hadn’t seen her mother in months nor had she spoken to her since she had dropped Nora off and disappeared off to America with her boyfriend.

Fernando had heard from Steven during the christening that Olalla had come back very much single, she had seemed miserable and sulking after the rough break up from her boyfriend in America.

“Maybe,” Fernando muttered not really wanting to think of the woman that had dumped Nora because she had magic; he would do anything to keep his daughter safe and happy.

Nora was silent for a moment before she nodded her head, she missed her mother sometimes and she knew that it had been a very long time since she had seen her; she wished that her mother had kept the promise to write when she had left.

“Get some sleep,” Fernando whispered kissing the top of her head, the last thing that Fernando wanted to do was discuss his ex-wife; they weren’t married and he had moved on to something better in his life.

Nicola was what mattered to him now and Fernando was happy, Olalla had been great but she had never made him feel like Nicola had in the short time they had been together.

“Night papa,” Nora murmured settling down and slowly falling asleep, Fernando watched her for a moment knowing that he would have to keep an eye out for Olalla; she was unlikely to stay away when they returned to Liverpool.