Part Two - Chapter Thirty-One: Reunion Summoning

Fernando shifted Lucas nervously in his arms watching Henry work, he didn't know what to expect of the man that was Nicola's father; he knew that Nicola hadn't met her father and now here he was. 

"What are you doing?" Fernando asked softly watching as the mage set out crystals like Nicola had done for Charlotte's wiccaning; Fernando flinched at the memories that flickered into his mind as he watched Henry. 

It was strange to think that things had changed so much since that day, Fernando hated how things had fallen apart and he was sort of relieved that the woman that had caused most of their problems was gone. 

"I think it's time we had a family reunion... there are some things that need to be done," Henry murmured making Fernando stare at him as he realised what the mage had planned however he didn't stop him; he wanted to see Nicola again, it had been a rough couple of weeks without her.

 Nora tilted her head looking at Henry while he work, she had refused to leave with the coven after Henry had revealed who he was; it had shaken the group to the core when he had told them that he was Nicola's father. 

"Hear these words, hear my cry. Spirit from the other side, Come to me I summon thee. Cross now the Great Divide," Henry chanted before three ghostly figures appeared in the room; Joanna frowned at the sight of the mage while Nicola's eyes went straight to her soul-mate. 

Fernando swallowed looking at Nicola, she looked beautiful dressed in a light pink bow back detail lace top and white straight leg jeans paired with silver heels; it was different and didn't remind him of the clothes that she had died in. 

"What the hell are you doing Emrys?" Joanna spat as Nicola moved to hold her ex-husband, who pulled her close to him; Alexandria glanced at her daughter before she looked at her former lover.

"Things needed to be done Joanna... things that not even Death can halt," Henry replied making the Matthews' family matriarch frown before she turned her attention to Nicola and Fernando. 

The couple were completely wrapped in their own small reunion after their cruel parting two weeks earlier; Fernando held Nicola to him as she cuddled two of the couple's three children. 

"Henry," Alexandria whispered drawing her former lover's attention to her; he stared at her for a long moment, he hadn't seen her since before her death. 

Henry had avoided spending time on earth when he heard that Alexandria had been murdered, he hadn't known the fate of his daughter before now and he wished that he had so that he could have prevented this. 

"It's been a long time," Alexandria mused while her mother left the attic, Nicola was completely wrapped up in her own reunion; Alexandria felt guilty that this was the only way that Fernando and Nicola could see each other now. 

"It has... twenty-eight years," Henry mused remembering the last time that he had seen his lover, Nicola had been two years old and he had come to make sure that Alexandria was safe before he left for his own realm again. 

Alexandria smiled a little, she knew that there was much to be done but right now she didn't see the harm in catching up; they would have to talk with Nicola about the past and it was something that she was looking forward to.

Henry took a deep breath and looked over at his daughter, he could see that she loved Fernando and he wished that he could have been there when she had been growing up. 

Things were going to change and Henry knew that his father had a little pull that would be able to help them.

***