Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Six: The Unexpected Betrayal

Fernando panted laying back on his bed, he ran one hand down his sweaty chest while the other pressed his phone back to his ear; he couldn't believe how fast the last month had gone since he had started to speak to Nicola. 

"That was interesting," Nicola mused trying to catch her own breath, it been a month since the two had started speaking over the phone and they hadn't been happier; she knew that things weren't going to be easy but they were making it work. 

Fernando smiled as he grabbed a towel to wipe away his mess, he swallowed wanting nothing more than to make this work; he couldn't lose Nicola again and he would fight for her. 

"It was," Fernando agreed though he would much rather be there in person to be intimate with his ex-wife, he closed his brown eyes and prayed that one day he would get to touch her again. 

"I love you, Nicola and if we ever find a way around this curse, I want you as my wife again," Fernando said making Nicola smile softly, she couldn't think of a better way to live her life than by her soul-mate's side; she smiled knowing that she liked the idea. 

Nicola wanted nothing more than to be Mrs Nicola Torres again and that couldn't happen if the curse was in place; they were going to have to find a way to break Neena's curse. 

"I love you too Nando," Nicola replied closing her eyes contently as she listened to him breathing, the two of them had stepped up their efforts to find a way around Neena's curse but as of yet there was still nothing to undo what had been done. 

"I'm serious, I would do anything for you," Fernando said making the blonde open her eyes as she realised what he was saying to her; tears filled her blue eyes as she tried to gather her thoughts. 

"Nicola, I love you more than anything... would you please do be the honour if we ever get rid of this curse of becoming my wife again?" Fernando asked making Nicola shed some tears; she couldn't believe that he was asking her to marry him again.

***

Amber frowned looking at Nicola who was preparing Nora and Charlotte for school, the blonde ignored her as she moved about happier than she had been in four years; it was a good day for her. 

"How are things between you and William?" Amber asked curiously, she hadn't seen William in a week and it worried her that something had happened to the spell that she and Marissa had cast on Nicola in the past month. 

Nicola paused as Nora glared at the other witch, she wondered why Amber was so concerned with her relationship with William; Nicola was going to end it tonight since she didn't want to lead him on anymore. 

It wasn't the first time that Nicola had tried to end things with him, she had tried several times but every time that she did it something happened that would stop her and she didn't understand it. 

"I'm breaking up with him... I'm still in love with Fernando and I always will be," Nicola said with a shrug making Amber frown as she finished getting Nora and Charlotte ready for school. 

Nicola smiled at her two daughters before she noticed the look on Amber's face, she frowned wondering what was wrong since she could sense that there was something upsetting her friend. 

"You can't Nicola... after all me and Marissa did to make sure that you were happy," Amber snapped making Nicola furrow her brow confused wondering what she was talking about, she didn't know her friend was so invested in her dating William. 

Amber ran a hand through her brown hair while her daughter looked up at her with a frown, she smiled down at Simone wanting nothing more than to get this over with.