Part Two - Chapter Seventeen: Meeting the Unexpected

Nicola moaned softly resting her head against the cool toilet seat while she tried to ease her stomach; she flinched when Fernando rubbed her back trying to comfort her not wanting him to touch her.

Nicola glared at Fernando making her husband sigh as he moved away from her not wanting to upset her more, she wasn't enjoying the return of morning sickness which had started a couple of weeks earlier since it had been confirmed that the blonde was ten weeks pregnant. 

Fernando's future was now being decided since he was back in physical shape, which meant that he would either stay at Liverpool or transfer to Chelsea, who was offering £50 million for his services. 

"Sorry," Nicola murmured as Fernando flashed a weak smile at her, he hated seeing her like this and would do anything to make her feel better; the footballer moved to sit next to his wife who wiped her mouth. 

"Morning sickness sucks," Nicola mumbled making Fernando chuckle as he pulled her to him, he rested his head against hers and sighed; Lilia and Charlie had done their best to keep the identity of their sibling a secret, so that they wouldn't ruin the surprise for their parents. 

The two women had been spending a lot of time around the house since they had revealed themselves, which was causing some negative thoughts for Fernando and Nicola, who worried about why their two grown-up daughters where there. 

"What do you think the baby is?" Nicola asked making Fernando look at her, he licked his lips at the thought of what their next child could be; however he hoped that they had a boy, though he didn't really mind. 

"I don't mind... but it would be nice to have a boy," Fernando replied making Nicola nod, she had two lovely daughters and while she didn't mind having another girl; the blonde liked the idea of having a son. 

"You know there hasn't been a male child born into my family... ever," Nicola mused making Fernando pout, the blonde rested her head against his as they cuddled on the bathroom floor.

***

Luke watched from afar as Nicola walked with Nora and Charlotte, he hadn't seen his sisters in a while since they had revealed to their parents that they were from the future; he hadn't been able to meet them at least not yet. 

Luke smiled softly watching his mother interact with the younger versions of his older sisters; he watched them closely wondering when it would be his turn to approach them and reveal himself and he doubted that time would come soon. 

Nicola stopped walking and looked towards him making Luke pale stepping further back into the bushes so that she couldn't see him but he knew that it was no use if she had sensed him. 

"I know you're there," Nicola called as Nora looked at her mother while Charlotte balanced on her mother's hip; the little girl tilted her head as Luke felt a tug on his chest which made him walk forward and out of his hiding place. 

Nicola watched the blonde man before her as he stopped in front of her and shifted nervously, as he looked at her with his blue eyes; he didn't know what to say to her now that they had met. 

"Who are you?" Nicola asked feeling Nora hold onto her jeans, the little girl stared at the man that didn't feel like any strangers usually did; he felt like family and it was scaring her a little. 

Luke swallowed not knowing what to say to Nicola, he couldn't remember the last time that he had been this close to his mother; it felt so strange and he knew that he had to say something. 

"I'm Luke... a friend of Lilia and Charlie's," Luke explained softly as Nicola furrowed her brow as she watched him, before he cleared his throat and quickly turned to walk away not being able to handle lying to his own mother. 

Nicola blinked confused for a moment before she reached out to stop him from leaving, the moment that her hand made contact with Luke, she was hit by a vision that made her gasp.

***

Walking through her home an older looking Nicola smiled as she was approached by Nora and Charlotte; the two girls looked years older than their infant selves that she knew now and she had a feeling this was her future. 

"Have fun at school... remember that you're meeting your padre afterwards," Nicola told them making Nora and Charlotte nod as a car horn beeped, the blonde smiled as she moved to answer it allowing the two girls to rush out to meet their friends. 

However as soon as Nora and Charlotte had left for school, the smile fell from Nicola's face as she closed the door sadly and headed into the living room where a small boy was playing by himself. 

The little boy was blonde and blue eyes and he looked at his mother and smiled making Nicola blink back tears as she leant against the doorway making the little boy approach her. 

"Mama, why are you sad?" the little boy asked softly making Nicola sniff and smile at him as she picked him up, he couldn't have been more than four years old; Nicola held the little boy close to her as she moved to sit down on the couch. 

"Mama's okay... she just misses your Papa, Lucas," Nicola said smiling down weakly at the little boy, he smiled up at her as he wrapped his arms around her neck and cuddled against her while Nicola's eyes fell to her left ring finger which was bare.

***

Nicola gasped stepping away from Luke in shock, he swallowed staring at his mother while Nora looked at her mother concerned wondering if she was okay and if she should call for her father. 

"You're my son..." Nicola whispered shocked making Luke lick his lips and nod, he watched her closely as tears formed in his mother's blue eyes; he hated seeing her cry, even if he wouldn't admit it. 

Nicola couldn't believe that she was actually meeting a child that she'd yet to give birth to, she didn't know what to say and she wished that she did. 

"I'm having a boy," Nicola mumbled knowing that Fernando would be thrilled at the idea of having a son; Luke nodded as he watched her curiously hoping that she wouldn't be upset. 

"What are you doing here?" Nicola asked him, she couldn't believe that she was meeting the son that she was currently pregnant with; this brought a whole new meaning to waiting till the birth to discover the gender. 

Luke swallowed watching his mother, who raised an eyebrow at him as she watched him while she waited for an answer. 

"I'm here with Charlie and Lilia," Luke lied making Nicola nod, though that wasn't what she was referring to; the blonde sighed while Nora tilted her head confused wondering who this man was. 

"Lucas..." Nicola mused teasing the name making Luke smile, it had been a while since he had heard his full first name; he had missed hearing his mother say it. 

"I know you're speechless but... could you not tell him," Luke asked making Nicola frown wondering why he didn't want her to tell Fernando, she didn't know why he didn't want his own father to know.