Part Two - Chapter Five: Moving to Liverpool

Nicola swallowed watching the last of their stuff being loaded into the moving van, she couldn’t believe that this day had finally come; she was going to leave the town that had been her home since she was born.

“Mama?” Nora asked standing next to Nicola that was lost in her own thoughts, she looked at the woman that had been in her life a lot more recently than her real mother had ever been.

Nicola blinked looking down at Nora and smiled, she was getting used to the fact that Nora called her that now and she had a feeling that Olalla had done too much to fix things with her daughter.

“I’m okay,” Nicola whispered smiling at Nora reassuring her that everything was going to be okay, she was going to cope for Fernando’s sake; she would get used to Liverpool and she was doing this for her husband.

Fernando was excited to get back involved with football in some way, it was a passion of his and she would do anything to make him happy; even if she wasn’t entirely happy about moving.

Nicola glanced at Fernando who was carrying Charlotte, the little girl was now four months old and was starting to show signs of her powers; Nicola had discussed with Fernando about binding Charlotte’s powers until she was older, but he disagreed with her.

“You ready?” Fernando asked looking at Nicola who nodded softly, she took a deep breath before looking at her coven; they had come to say goodbye to the blonde and her family since they were going to miss her.

Fernando watched his twenty-five year old wife, none of this was going to be easy but he knew that they would be able to handle it.

“We’ll miss you,” Marissa whispered moving to hug Nicola while Fernando set Charlotte into her car seat followed by Nora into her own so that they would be able to leave; Nicola nodded sadly as she moved on to Amber and Adrian; she knew that this was going to be hard.

Since Nicola was leaving the coven behind in Hallows Town and they did need a leader to make sure that things were done properly; Nicola had appointed Amber as the leader of the coven in her absence.

Nicola took a deep breath looking at Fernando who was waiting for her patiently, he knew this was hard on her; he didn’t want to rush her when she was doing something so big for him.

“I’m ready,” Nicola said to Fernando who nodded as he opened the passenger door for her; Fernando smiled at her as he helped her inside the car wanting to show how grateful he was for this chance.

Nicola sat quietly as they pulled away from their old house and started to leave her old life behind, she felt tears in her eyes as they started to drive towards the motorway that would lead them to their new lives.

“Bye, bye Hallows Town,” Nora called when they drove out of the town as quickly as they had arrived over a year ago before; the sign that had welcomed them seemed so different after having lived there for so long.

Nicola rested her head against her chair and watched the trees flash passed them; she ignored Fernando’s glances as they left her home town behind.

***

The drive to Liverpool was a long one, Fernando couldn’t have been happier to arrive at their new home since he wanted to relax and there was so much unpacking that needed to be done.

Rubbing his tired eyes, Fernando looked at Nicola who was asleep in the car; it would take a while for them to adjust to living in a city like Liverpool but in the end it would be worth it.

“Nicola,” Fernando murmured gently waking his wife, who groaned softly as she woke up, she smiled at him as he climbed out to allow the movers to start taking their things into the house.

Nicola slowly climbed out of the car and stretched as she looked at her new home it certainly wasn’t what she had been expecting; the blonde closed her car door behind her wondering if she could really do this.

“What do you think?” Fernando asked wrapping his arms around her, he kissed her softly as she smiled at him; they both knew this would be a big change for her and it would take some time to truly get used to all of this.

“It’s nice,” Nicola replied making Fernando chuckle as he kissed her lips, she smiled at him as he held her close for a moment before Nora called for her father.

Fernando moved to get her while Nicola collected a sleeping Charlotte, she hoped the infant would sleep easily tonight in their new home; the house was already set up for them and there was a chance that Charlotte might be a bit fussy about the new environment.

“Papa is this our new home?” Nora asked making Fernando nod looking at the house that they would be living in now; he had been here before and he had ensured everything was in place before the family started to move in.

“Why don’t you go find your new bedroom,” Fernando suggested setting Nora onto her feet making the little girl smile before she padded into the house to go and find her room.

Things were going to be strange the first few days and Fernando was sure that they would all be fine in the house; he could see them being very happy there and there was more than enough space for the family.

Fernando glanced at Nicola and smiled at her lifting Charlotte into his arms, the infant didn’t even stare as her father and mother entered their new home; he wanted Nicola to be happy since she was doing this for him.

“It’s a big house,” Nicola noted looking around a little nervous about the size of the house making Fernando nod, Brendan Rodgers had told Fernando that he had picked out the house especially for the former footballer and his family.

Fernando couldn’t help but think that the Liverpool Manager was up to something, he knew that the team was doing well and he had a feeling he had been brought back for a reason.

“I know but… what if we decided to have another baby,” Fernando mused with a smile at the idea of having another baby with his wife, sure it was a little early but he didn’t want big age gaps between his children and he had just turned twenty-nine.

Nicola smile at him, the thought of another child was appealing to her even if they had just recently had Charlotte; she wanted another baby, she just wasn’t sure now was a good time to do so.

Fernando chuckled and pressed a kiss to Nicola’s lips knowing that the sooner that they could start trying the better, he wanted as many children as possible with his wife; the more the better in his mind.

“I found my room,” Nora called running down the stairs making Fernando and Nicola pull apart, she had a big smile on her face and it was in her favourite color; she loved it and wanted to show it off.

Nicola raised an eyebrow at her as she took Charlotte from Fernando, who moved to help move some stuff into the house; they still had to unpack and they were going to be exhausted later on.

“Let’s see,” Nicola mused balancing Charlotte on her hip, she allowed Nora to lead her upstairs knowing that Fernando could handle the movers for a little while; she had a feeling that Nora might have found the master bedroom and claimed it as her own instead of actually finding her own bedroom.